Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
CC Prerelease V3.4.0i

This bug fix prerelease contains:
  • [BUG FIX] Make "cancel" really cancel the effects of pushing the reset button in book details line item selection
  • [BUG FIX] Make the reset button reasonably sized in book details line item selection
  • [BUG FIX] Prevent recursive use of user-defined sorts (where a sort uses itself).
  • [BUG FIX] Use singular and plural forms in book details

My expectation is to make the production release (V3.4.1) on Saturday 2 August.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Lg Pad 8.3, Kobo Aura HD
Played with it for a while. No issues to report.

Thanks for all your hard work.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"
I haven't had any problems so far either. And the new Reset button is definitely better sized and positioned
jackie_w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
kaufman
kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.kaufman seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This bug fix prerelease contains:
  • [BUG FIX] Use singular and plural forms in book details
You aren't fooling anyone, you know. We all know you have snuck another feature in.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

%*&^^&(*

I just found a showstopper bug. A file name entered in backup settings is ignored.

In addition, there are esoteric problems in handling column names in book details item selection. I am having to rethink how that works.

As a result there will not be a production release on Saturday. Instead, there will be another prerelease so I can verify that I haven't broken something fundamental.

Oh well ....
Old 07-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
You aren't fooling anyone, you know. We all know you have snuck another feature in.
I treated it as a bug fix because part of CC already did it. One option was to take it out of the other place. The other was to add it to book details. And of course, only bug fixes are allowed now, so of course it is a bug fix.

You can, of course, interpret this however you want.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
kaufman

I'll let it slide this time.

One question. Is it possible to show the book size on the details screen? I'm not asking you to do this if it isn't just trying to find out if it is.

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"

Quote:
One question. Is it possible to show the book size on the details screen? I'm not asking you to do this if it isn't just trying to find out if it is.

Thanks.
Do you mean the size of the book file in bytes? Sure, it is possible. Why would you want it?
Old 08-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #9
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"

Quote:
As a result there will not be a production release on Saturday. Instead, there will be another prerelease so I can verify that I haven't broken something fundamental.
I found a no-risk way to fix the backup file name problem and it turned out that the other problem was my imagination. So we are back on track for a production release tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #10
kaufman

Quote:
Do you mean the size of the book file in bytes? Sure, it is possible. Why would you want it?
I thought it might be interesting to see on the details page. And perhaps later in the list details.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #11
kaufman

I'm not sure if this is intentional or an oversight, but shouldn't the program remember where you have stored the backup file the last time.

1) It makes it easier to keep your backups together
2) In some cases it make it easier to do a restore
3) It makes it easier to use a tool like dropsync

or, just default to some folder other than the root folder. I vote for /storage/emulated/0/data, since that is the place a lot of other programs use.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #12
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is intentional or an oversight, but shouldn't the program remember where you have stored the backup file the last time.

1) It makes it easier to keep your backups together
2) In some cases it make it easier to do a restore
3) It makes it easier to use a tool like dropsync

or, just default to some folder other than the root folder. I vote for /storage/emulated/0/data, since that is the place a lot of other programs use.
I decided to do nothing special because there isn't anything that would satisfy everyone, or even a majority. A user can navigate to wherever s/he wants to save the file. The file can be named whatever s/he wants; tapping on an existing file will overwrite it. The user might then do something to add the file to a cloud storage folder, which may or may not require a specific folder. When opening a backup, tapping on a backup file will open it. It works. It is used rarely.

I guess I am saying that this is too low a priority on my list of issues to worry about.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #13
kaufman

Quote:
I guess I am saying that this is too low a priority on my list of issues to worry about.
OK, sorry to have bothered you.