Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
ksbpsy
ksbpsy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Unhappy little white squares on epub

I apparently not very good at working sigil or calibre but I need a hand without people firing off too much tech-language...please. Anyway, I am having trouble with viewing epub's on my Nook tablet because there are small white squares where punctuation marks are (specifically hyphens, quotation marks, and double spaces). I have REALLY tried to fix it using both calibre and sigil with no results. Any suggestions???
ksbpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbpsy View Post
I apparently not very good at working sigil or calibre but I need a hand without people firing off too much tech-language...please. Anyway, I am having trouble with viewing epub's on my Nook tablet because there are small white squares where punctuation marks are (specifically hyphens, quotation marks, and double spaces). I have REALLY tried to fix it using both calibre and sigil with no results. Any suggestions???
You document fails to declare which 'code page' is being used and is probably using (USA/Windows) ASCII

CP1252 is a common,Western European character set that is frequently used.
In Calibre, there is a Input conversion setting for you to force a different Code Page, otherwise, you need to edit every segments headers
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If you set it to UTF-8 it will usually work fine.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, code page, epub, noob, nook, sigil