Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
lateasusual
lateasusual began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Red
Ruh-roh. Device still buggy after 1/27/12 update?

I haven't used the PRS-T1 since I finished a book back in February so I don't know if issues continue to pop up on this device for other people even after the most recent update.

I was halfway through a library book last night when the PRS-T1 started rebooting itself over and over again. I hit the reset button and went back to the home screen to open up the book I was reading but now I am getting an error message on that book that says "Protected by Digital Rights Management". I thought that maybe if I return the book to the library and check it out again then it might remove whatever confusion there seems to be with the device.

I turned on the Wifi and waited for it to connect to begin the process. I went through the steps to return the book but when I click "Done" and confirm "Yes" the device can not find the Wifi network even though it shows the Wifi icon signal activated.

That didn't work so I tried to go to my public library on the device and check out another book and I'm getting yet another error message.

"In order to view library content, you Reader must first be authorized with an Adobe ID...."

Do you lose your ADE authorization when you reset the PRS-T1? I don't remember that happening when I have reset the device before. I just went into "Settings" -- "About" -- "Device Information" and it says "This device is not yet authorized for Adobe DRM content."

Odd. I'm stumped. What is the next step for me?

Thanks.

Last edited by lateasusual; 03-31-2012 at 01:31 PM.
lateasusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1
Quote:
Not sure, but whats up with:
Connect the device to your Computer, run "Reader for PC" or whatever the current Sony software is named now and (re-)authorize it?
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, T2; KPW2; iPad Mini Retina; Nooks
There is a bug that is totally random and not frequent. It has only happened to me once since October. The reader will reboot itself and you lose your Adobe registration. I just went to the Reader Store via Wifi and logged into my account to re-register. Typically when you do a normal reset you do not lose your Adobe activation.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Beamer102
Beamer102 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
AHA, I just had that rebooting cycle happen to me! i was worried because I love my T1 and hadn't heard of it happening. I reset it and did not lose my Adobe activation. Hopefully this is not going to happen often. I've been off all week on sick leave and haven't put my T1 down. Maybe it's just tired?
Beamer102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
It happens to me on and off and seems to discharge the reader. Also will turn back on immediately or not shut down by itself. Probably a dirty screen causes the last two as cleaning it seems to calm it down

I have just given up worrying about it but keep the charger by my bed.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I keep my reset clip by my reader. This has happened to me once since I got my new T1 & upgraded it. As long as it doesn't happen often I can live with it. My Kindle Touch has issues periodically with closing a book & I have to re-open it & find the page again. I guess they all have issues.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Now I´m having problems reading PDF. It simply freezes, specially if I put a larger font. Didn´t happen with the previous version, works beautifully with other epubs...
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateasusual View Post
I haven't used the PRS-T1 since I finished a book back in February so I don't know if issues continue to pop up on this device for other people even after the most recent update.

I was halfway through a library book last night when the PRS-T1 started rebooting itself over and over again. I hit the reset button and went back to the home screen to open up the book I was reading but now I am getting an error message on that book that says "Protected by Digital Rights Management". I thought that maybe if I return the book to the library and check it out again then it might remove whatever confusion there seems to be with the device.

I turned on the Wifi and waited for it to connect to begin the process. I went through the steps to return the book but when I click "Done" and confirm "Yes" the device can not find the Wifi network even though it shows the Wifi icon signal activated.

That didn't work so I tried to go to my public library on the device and check out another book and I'm getting yet another error message.

"In order to view library content, you Reader must first be authorized with an Adobe ID...."

Do you lose your ADE authorization when you reset the PRS-T1? I don't remember that happening when I have reset the device before. I just went into "Settings" -- "About" -- "Device Information" and it says "This device is not yet authorized for Adobe DRM content."

Thanks.
My suggestion is reauthorizing it from your computer, or if you have backups is restore it completely and download your books again. Maybe is that particular book that has issues!
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
lateasusual
lateasusual began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Red
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I've been down and out with a nasty cold for the last couple of weeks. Terrible timing for my reader to be inoperable. Once I was well I was able to borrow a newer computer to reauthorize my reader. My 2006 Mac is not compatible with the Sony Reader software.

Reauthorizing the reader with the Sony Reader software made the issues go away. I had to reload my public library settings to get that working again. I'm not sure why the reader lost that info together with my Adobe authorization and bookmarks but hopefully it won't happen again.
lateasusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
roguexuk
roguexuk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Mini, Amazon Kindle Keyboard
Ack! This happened to me today.

I was halway through reading a DRM book & it just started to restart over & over. I had to re-set it to get it to stop.

After a couple of hours I tried plugging it into my PC & let the Sony reader software re-activate it - didn't work.

I tried updating ADE to v1.8 preview hoping that might do the trick.

In the end the only thing that worked was using the reader itself - I went online through the Sony Store, logged in & it automatically authorised itself.

It's always the last thing you try isn't it
roguexuk is offline   Reply With Quote