Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
LCF
On workation
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), Pocket PRO, Samsung Wave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony Readers allow you to change the direction of the swipe so you cn set it to swipe left to right for left handed use.

So the solution to your problem is a Sony PRS-T2.
Thanks. I am more of the tapping type. It feels more... I don't know, I just like it better than swiping.

I think the nook touch with the glow light is my favorite at the moment. There are hardware buttons and an option to root it. If only it could read fb2, I wouldn't have hesitated.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #17
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Coolreader(Nexus 5)\Coolreader(Nook Touch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Thanks. I am more of the tapping type. It feels more... I don't know, I just like it better than swiping.

I think the nook touch with the glow light is my favorite at the moment. There are hardware buttons and an option to root it. If only it could read fb2, I wouldn't have hesitated.
Well with a rooted sony or nook you can install fbreader or coolreader for fb2 support. Coolreader on Nook Touch even allows you to set screen refresh rate etc
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 08-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Sony PRS-350
What would be ideal is if the next Kindle Touch included the side page turn buttons of the older-non touch Kindles. I don't think they can be beaten for comfort/ease of use, and as they are on both sides, left or right handed, it makes no difference. Not sure they are even considering reintroducing physical page turn buttons though. (I'm not in the US, hence the lack of Nook being in any consideration, even if it may be your best option right now!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I use PRS+ custom firmware on the 350 which allows me to assign the tap functions. I changed the settings on mine so all taps are for next page. If I need to go to a previous page (quite rare), then I just use swipe.
That does sound pretty useful, how easy/difficult is it to install that firmware?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Nexus S, Galaxy S, Nook Color, iPhone4, iPT4, iPad 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
That does sound pretty useful, how easy/difficult is it to install that firmware?
Very simple. There's an install wizard for Windows so basically, it's just a matter of clicking a bunch of Next buttons.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #20
Chocky
Groupie
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
The Kobo touch allows you to have page turning forward on the left, back on the right, but only on ver 2 plus I believe.

I've got mine set up this way as I hold it in my left hand, (so I can hold my glass in the right).
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post

You do know that tapping creates a lot more fingerprints on the screen then swiping does. Swiping is akin to wiping the screen where a tap is akin to leaving fingerprints.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #22
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
@JSwolf anyway fingerprints arent visible on an eink screen unless tilted at an angle.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote