Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,902
Karma: 1216548
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Started using this last night and I did hit one problem but it seemed to have been caused by my over-eagerness. With my other devices I'm used to transferring lots of books and I tend to scroll through the library, highlight a few, send to device, scroll, highlight a few more, send to device - which adds them to the job queue - and so on. This works fine for my USB connected devices but I guess it caused problems here because after a while CC crashed and then I couldn't restart it (it would crash immediately). In the end I had to do a clear data on it and that allowed me to restart. Since then I re-added the books more carefully and it's been fine so far.
That shouldn't be a problem.

By any chance do you have a Mac? If so, then you might be being bitten by the network bug. Friday's calibre release contains a workaround. If you don't have a Mac, then something else is going on. We need to look...
Quote:
Not sure if I have a lot of feedback about the UI etc. So far it's just great to be able to transfer the books. Oh, I suppose it would be nice to be able to remember the preference for the app opening the book.
That is on our to-do list.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #17
latepaul
Fanatic
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
latepaul's Avatar
 
Posts: 555
Karma: 3669314
Join Date: Dec 2011
Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
That shouldn't be a problem.
Perhaps I wasn't clear that I wasn't necessarily waiting for the current "send" to complete before adding the next. Still not a problem?

Quote:
By any chance do you have a Mac? If so, then you might be being bitten by the network bug. Friday's calibre release contains a workaround. If you don't have a Mac, then something else is going on. We need to look...
Not a Mac, a Linux PC. A couple of other things which may be relevant - I was getting other network activity whilst this was happening, specifically a notification from Draw Something. Secondly, immediately before the problem first occurred I'd done a Send to Device including a book that Calibre prompted me needing converting. I chose yes. I don't know if either of those could be part of the cause.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #18
K8HW
Enthusiast
K8HW began at the beginning.
 
K8HW's Avatar
 
Posts: 35
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Westland, MI
Device: Nexus 7
Hi. I'm having trouble transferring books to my NOOK Color (CM7 microSD card). I keep getting a forced error box on the Nook that disappears before I can read it. The error on Calibre is:
Device responded with incorrect information

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 83, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 478, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 44, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 799, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 452, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 425, in _call_client
ControlError: Device responded with incorrect information

Any help would be appreciated. So far I really like the app.

~Dave
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #19
jf6824
Junior Member
jf6824 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2012
Device: Xoom
What is the default folder for Calibre Companion, I was trying to see if it would recognize my google books and forgot to note where the default folder was.
jf6824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,902
Karma: 1216548
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Perhaps I wasn't clear that I wasn't necessarily waiting for the current "send" to complete before adding the next. Still not a problem?
Shouldn't be. However, that doesn't say that it isn't.
Quote:
Not a Mac, a Linux PC. A couple of other things which may be relevant - I was getting other network activity whilst this was happening, specifically a notification from Draw Something. Secondly, immediately before the problem first occurred I'd done a Send to Device including a book that Calibre prompted me needing converting. I chose yes. I don't know if either of those could be part of the cause.
Could be. We haven't seen the "MacOS problem" on any other system, but it could be there and you might be seeing it. That problem is that the OS signals "try again" sometimes on network writes when it shouldn't. It is worked-around in today's calibre release (0.8.65). Try that and see if the problem changes in some way.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #21
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,902
Karma: 1216548
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8HW View Post
Hi. I'm having trouble transferring books to my NOOK Color (CM7 microSD card). I keep getting a forced error box on the Nook that disappears before I can read it. The error on Calibre is:
Device responded with incorrect information

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 83, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 478, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 44, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 799, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 452, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 425, in _call_client
ControlError: Device responded with incorrect information

Any help would be appreciated. So far I really like the app.

~Dave
Any chance that you have transferred a lot of books, perhaps a thousand or more? If so, then you might be triggering a problem where our app runs out of memory. Fixing that problem is this weekend's task.

Let us know...
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #22
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,902
Karma: 1216548
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf6824 View Post
What is the default folder for Calibre Companion, I was trying to see if it would recognize my google books and forgot to note where the default folder was.
The exact path depends on your version of android. It is usually something like /mnt/sdcard/Calibre_Companion.

The easiest way to get it back is to go to settings -> apps -> calibre companion and "clear application data" (or something like that). Alternatively you can uninstall and reinstall. As moving the storage folder will erase the database, clearing or un/reinstalling isn't really more work.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #23
K8HW
Enthusiast
K8HW began at the beginning.
 
K8HW's Avatar
 
Posts: 35
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Westland, MI
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Any chance that you have transferred a lot of books, perhaps a thousand or more? If so, then you might be triggering a problem where our app runs out of memory. Fixing that problem is this weekend's task.

Let us know...
This is happening when transfering only 10 books at a time.

Dave
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #24
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,902
Karma: 1216548
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8HW View Post
This is happening when transfering only 10 books at a time.
When you start calibre companion, how many books are installed?

Is calibre running on a Mac? If so, have you installed today's calibre release? That release works around a MacOS bug. More information can be found here.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #25
K8HW
Enthusiast
K8HW began at the beginning.
 
K8HW's Avatar
 
Posts: 35
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Westland, MI
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
When you start calibre companion, how many books are installed?

Is calibre running on a Mac? If so, have you installed today's calibre release? That release works around a MacOS bug. More information can be found here.
I am running today's Calibre release on Vista Home Premium SP2. I have about 30 books installed. I noticed if I sort my books by author or series I don't seem to be having a problem if that helps.

Dave
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #26
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,902
Karma: 1216548
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8HW View Post
II noticed if I sort my books by author or series I don't seem to be having a problem if that helps.
Sorted (not grouped) in Calibre Companion? If so, yes, that helps point toward where the problem might be. Thanks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,902
Karma: 1216548
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8HW View Post
I am running today's Calibre release on Vista Home Premium SP2. I have about 30 books installed. I noticed if I sort my books by author or series I don't seem to be having a problem if that helps.
Also, be sure that you are running the latest release of Calibre Companion, which is V1.4. You can see that in Settings -> Apps -> Calibre Companion, or (I think) by going to My Apps in the Play Store.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #28
K8HW
Enthusiast
K8HW began at the beginning.
 
K8HW's Avatar
 
Posts: 35
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Westland, MI
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Also, be sure that you are running the latest release of Calibre Companion, which is V1.4. You can see that in Settings -> Apps -> Calibre Companion, or (I think) by going to My Apps in the Play Store.
I am running Calibre version 0.8.65 & Calibre Companion version 1.4.

The books were sorted in Calibre NOT in Calibre Companion. I just tried sending 5 and it blew up. I have 65 books loaded with CC now.

Dave
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #29
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,902
Karma: 1216548
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8HW View Post
I am running Calibre version 0.8.65 & Calibre Companion version 1.4.
Are you rotating your device or is it going to sleep during the transfers? I ask because someone (perhaps you) agreed to post an error report during an app crash, and according to that report the problem happened when CC was trying to re-display the receiving book progress dialog.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #30
K8HW
Enthusiast
K8HW began at the beginning.
 
K8HW's Avatar
 
Posts: 35
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Westland, MI
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Are you rotating your device or is it going to sleep during the transfers? I ask because someone (perhaps you) agreed to post an error report during an app crash, and according to that report the problem happened when CC was trying to re-display the receiving book progress dialog.
The error I am getting from Calibre is:

Device responded with incorrect information

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 83, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 478, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 44, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 799, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 452, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 425, in _call_client
ControlError: Device responded with incorrect information

My device did not go to sleep during transfer. It was laying on desk and I never touched it. (honest)

Dave
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Android App] Calibre Companion - My Thoughts DoctorOhh Devices 9 09-18-2012 09:41 AM
[Android App] Calibre Companion 1.7 Beta testing Adoby Devices 31 09-07-2012 11:13 PM
[Android App] Calibre Companion - future ability? Perkin Devices 3 09-06-2012 02:19 PM
[Android App] Can't get Calibre Companion to connect theangelicious1 Devices 2 09-01-2012 05:09 AM
[Android App] getting started with Calibre Companion BeccaPrice Devices 10 08-27-2012 06:20 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.