Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Nimrud
Nimrud began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
How do you enter Hex WEP keys?

My wife has today bought a Kobo Touch eReader and brought it in for me to set up the pc etc for her. She wanted to use the wifi connection directly as well, but our (quite old) wifi setup runs 128 bit WEP because that is the only way we could bridge between two Belkin boxes. It turns out the what I thought was the key is a passphrase (which may or may not be the current one), and the key is actually 13 hex character pairs. These can be put into the other devices (Wii, DS, XBox, laptop, netbook, etc) we have in the house, but despite searching this forum and other web sites I cannot see any way to input the Hex Password into the Kobo. Is there a way?
Thanks in advance.
Nimrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
Matth79
Connoisseur
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
http://www.einhorn-net.de/jstools/wepkey.html Will it convert to readable / enterable ascii
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote