Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #691
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HPTouchPad NookST PW-2 ipad-mini-2
Has anyone completed the jailbreak, etc. (KUAL) on a gen 2 PW 3G? I did a quick search without success for this info. I'm aware that the 3G version has different hardware and wanted to know if there are any problems with jailbreaking before I take the plunge. Thanks!
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #692
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@nypaulie: I don't know what led you to believe it had a different HW (beside the obvious addition of a 3G modem ), but, yep, all the current known models are supported, 3G variant included .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 02-10-2014, 04:17 PM   #693
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@nypaulie: I don't know what led you to believe it had a different HW (beside the obvious addition of a 3G modem ), but, yep, all the current known models are supported, 3G variant included .
Great news - thanks!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #694
Divion
Enthusiast
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
I did them all, JB, KUAL and many app.

Now i want to know somethings.

1. If I do a reset from setting, what will happen? Need to reinstall KUAL ?

2. If other new update release, my FW new update delete my jailbreak?

By the way, your JB tool and KUAL are very useful to me. I love them.

Thank
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #695
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1/ MKK, yes (prerequisites). KUAL, no.

2/ JB (device), no. Most hacks, yes.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #696
inveigle
inveigle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hello,
I am at a loss. I jailbroke my kindle touch back in 2012. I remember nothing from it. My kindle version is 5.1.2 and the jailbreak info says JBPatch 20/30 (v2.3.2) The reason I am writing is that my kindle will not stop indexing and this is eating up my battery. Do I need to Jailbreak again? I have looked through the forums and tutorials, but the posts seem unclear. Please respond as if you are speaking to a child offering step by step instructions. as I find all this jailbreaking quite overwhelming. I thank you all in advance for the assistance.
inveigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #697
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inveigle View Post
Hello,
I am at a loss. I jailbroke my kindle touch back in 2012. I remember nothing from it. My kindle version is 5.1.2 and the jailbreak info says JBPatch 20/30 (v2.3.2) The reason I am writing is that my kindle will not stop indexing and this is eating up my battery. Do I need to Jailbreak again? I have looked through the forums and tutorials, but the posts seem unclear. Please respond as if you are speaking to a child offering step by step instructions. as I find all this jailbreaking quite overwhelming. I thank you all in advance for the assistance.
Remove some books from your Kindle.
Best, remove a lot of them.

Nothing you installed from here effects the indexer, it is just a very broken design. Remove books.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #698
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW1, PW2
@inveigle-
Typically your device gets stuck indexing because you have added a book file that is broken (corrupt) in some way. You need to find which book it is, delete it from your device, reconvert it (if using Calibre) and then re-add it to your device. If you have recently added a large number of books, there is no easy way to determine which is the problem file so you are best to delete all and then add them back in small lots, checking to see that they have finished indexing before adding the next lot.

edit--- or what knc1 said!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #699
inveigle
inveigle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thank you for the advice. I deleted about 400 books and did a search for kjhads to see if they showed in indexing. Indexing was clear, at 0. I re-added 7 books but they are now stuck in indexing. *sigh*
inveigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #700
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok - then do a "binary search" for the one of the 7 that is breaking the indexer.

I.E: pick 4 - remove - problem gone, its one of those 4, problem remains, its one of the three.

If gone - put 2 of the four back on - observe state of problem.

repeat until found (keep in mind there may be more than one in the 7 that breaks the indexer).
Old 02-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #701
bnpssilva
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Kobo Glo; Nook Glowlight
Margins on PW2 5.4.2

Sorry if this is somewhere and I didnt see, but its possible with this jailbreak to reduce the margins on PW2 5.4.2?
If its possible, can somebody show me how ?

Thanks in advance.
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #702
nypaulie
Gātheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
My 3G PW2 should arrive tomorrow. Once I've completed the jailbreak, dev certs, etc. can i move all my books, extensions and whatever else my original PW2 contains as saved on an .img file using the "dd" method from a backup? If, as you say, the hardware is the same would this transfer work for me? I would do a backup of the "new" one first just in case things got messed up.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #703
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@nypaulie: A dd dump of what exactly?

Regardless, to be on the safe side: I'm gonna go with: nope, potentially bad idea, usbms is a fickle beast.
If you have a dump of your userstore, it'd probably be safer to loop mount it and then cp -av or rsync that to the new device.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #704
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypaulie View Post
My 3G PW2 should arrive tomorrow. Once I've completed the jailbreak, dev certs, etc. can i move all my books, extensions and whatever else my original PW2 contains as saved on an .img file using the "dd" method from a backup? If, as you say, the hardware is the same would this transfer work for me? I would do a backup of the "new" one first just in case things got messed up.
Not a good idea with FAT-32 partitions - too many possible variations in the backing store.
Why not just rsync them to and from host PC (or an image loop-mounted on the PC)?
(rsync is in the USBnet package)
Old 02-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #705
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
+1 to rsync.

And the books must be DEDRMed or they won't be readable on the new device, which has a different serial number.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch