Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
Rizla
Wizard
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650 / Cybook Opus / Nook STR (rooted)
whatsapp on a T1?

Has anybody installed it on a T1? It seems do-able on a tablet. It would be fun to text phones from a T1
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
Rizla
Wizard
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650 / Cybook Opus / Nook STR (rooted)
107 views and no replies. So I guess people are interested but don't know. Here's what I found searching for installing it on a tablet:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1516337

http://www.nairaland.com/952732/how-...android-tablet

It seems it is possible. However, it seems one needs to first install it on a phone, then install titanium backup in order to extract the installed files from the phone, and then copy them onto a tablet.

I guess if it works on a tablet it might work on the T1.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
No idea.

Probably not very helpful, but you could send text messages through Google Voice.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
it could be possible, like you said, using the method described in XDA. I have a wifi tablet and that would be the only way to install whatsapp on it, by using tituanium backup.

I am not particulary interested in doing it, since i never turn on the wifi on my reader, but i am sure many people would be interested in this if it works.
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
nugstar
nugstar doesn't litternugstar doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1 AMR
Certainly possible, but the main issue is running whatsapp on more than one device... I've found it to only likes working on one device at a time. That's with authorising it one device at a time, haven't tried the Titanium Backup way on multiple devices.
nugstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Moved to the dev forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #7
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350 (silver, blue); PRS-300 (†), Kindle Paperwhite
I see 2 problems:

1) As nugstar explained - it's a pain to have WA on more than one device. Everytime you use the other device you'll have to reregister WA
2) WA needs SMS to register. Does the T1 have SMS functionality?

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote