Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #316
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Ok, good to know, and when I checked, it did say Kindle2. I changed "any format" to "mobi" since that's all I ever put on and tried sending a couple more books....hey now it's working! woo hoo! I like the numbers, otherwise I run the risk of reading something out of order.

Ok, some work and some don't.

edit-worked on 1 book, only. lol!

Last edited by booklover6; 12-26-2012 at 08:15 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #317
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Damn Kindle. Nothing is consistant. I been fighting with trying to get it sort by series in the author tag. If the series and number is added as additional author afterwards it won't sort right. So now I put the series and number as first author, and that works. Seperated it to only work on save to disk so it won't do it automatically for everything I send to the Kindle.

to: save to disk
source: {series_index:0>2s}, {series} & {author_sort}
destination: authors

So only when I save it to disk first before pushing it to the kindle will it mess with the author.

Amazon really needs to make sorting books easier
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #318
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
So only when I save it to disk first before pushing it to the kindle will it mess with the author.
Yeah, but doesn't that cause Calibre to create author folders under those numbers and put the books in there instead of their corresponding author folder creating a horrible mess in the Calibre library?...

Quote:
Amazon really needs to make sorting books easier
Ain't that the truth!
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #319
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I remember trying that plugin (or similar) with my K3, and it worked on a few books, and not on others. Bizarre. I'll just leave it in there and when it works, great....
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #320
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Just chiming in to say that I survived Christmas without any Internet connectivity, and that I also don't understand how Kindles really sort the content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I believe that the Homepage (top most level) looks the same with CM or not. You need to have sort method set to "collection" to not show all the books that are part of a collection. The only items that don't show up when sorting other than "collection" are sub-collections and invisible items you switched invisible in CM.
(emphasis added by me)

Exactly. CM only modifies the internal collections database (using the Java API that the Kindle provides). CM does not influence the display order in any way - in fact, there is no such thing as an order in the database. The ordering is done entirely from the Home booklet, according to your selection. I believe that for collections, that normally means "asciibetic" order and nothing else. For books, you can also sort by access date, but that is both out of scope, and - more importantly - out of reach of CM.

So in short: collections should always be displayed in alphabetic order, so if you have any ordering preference, you'll probably need to resort to methods like prefix numbers ("01-Romantic", "02-Horror", or so). I don't know how other sorting methods behave, and CM can't influence them anyway.

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #321
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Just chiming in to say that I survived Christmas without any Internet connectivity....
Sorry, didn't mean to scare you away by putting up that #lab126 chat channel.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #322
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

It's okay my hubby says he prefers the numbers on his anyway so fixable or not I'll just get over it. I don't want to have to have multiple methods of importing books depending on his Kindle or mine. That would just be a pain. :o) My only remaining task is to figure out why my cover art isn't displaying properly for a fairly large section of books and I can stop thinking about this for a while and just enjoy my new kindle. :o) Thanks for all the help everyone. :o)
Old 12-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #323
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
It's okay my hubby says he prefers the numbers on his anyway so fixable or not I'll just get over it. I don't want to have to have multiple methods of importing books depending on his Kindle or mine. That would just be a pain. ) My only remaining task is to figure out why my cover art isn't displaying properly for a fairly large section of books and I can stop thinking about this for a while and just enjoy my new kindle. ) Thanks for all the help everyone. )
There is a solution for the cover art. Simply switch to List View. Wish there was a viewmode similar to the apps - a mini cover and text next to it. Not all covers show the title in an easy to read way.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #324
centhena
Enthusiast

Hehe! Yeah list view works but then I have to see the numbers. :op So I really want my covers to work properly.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #325
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
Hehe! Yeah list view works but then I have to see the numbers. p So I really want my covers to work properly.
... but the covers are entirely out of scope for CM
Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #326
erik7426
erik7426 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.1
ixtab: I ran the jailbreak for the Paperwhite from this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

I also copied the Collections Manager to the kindle. When trying to run it I get the following error... "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer."

You list Kindlet Jailbreak and Developer Certificates Bundle as requirements for CM. Are these items included in your jailbreak from the thread referenced above? If not, I have tried the links in the first post of this thread, but the links appear to be dead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by erik7426; 12-30-2012 at 01:07 AM.
erik7426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #327
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik7426 View Post
ixtab: I ran the jailbreak for the Paperwhite from this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

I also copied the Collections Manager to the kindle. When trying to run it I get the following error... "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer."

You list Kindlet Jailbreak and Developer Certificates Bundle as requirements for CM. Are these items included in your jailbreak from the thread referenced above? If not, I have tried the links in the first post of this thread, but the links appear to be dead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
They are indeed dead at the moment. Here is them attached. Ixtab, please feel free to edit my post and delete them again as soon as you got your download links fixed.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-21-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #328
ixtab
(offline)

@erik7426: You actually only need to install the Kindlet jailbreak on the Paperwhite, as the developer certificates have already been installed with the new device jailbreak - but contrary to what the readme says, they actually do require a device restart... my bad. (Installing the Kindlet jailbreak will perform that required restart anyway).

The links are working right now - maybe ge.tt was offline for a few hours.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #329
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
One issue that I've run into -

Sometimes when navigating into sub-collections, the screen does not refresh properly. The old book art from the previous collection page is shown, but tapping it brings up a book in the current sub-folder. Once this happens, the correct art is shown.

Also, if I read a book in a sub-collection, and then use the back arrow to try to return to the sub-collection listings, I get a blank screen. If I tap the back arrow again, it brings me to the parent collection. In other words, it is navigating correctly, but not displaying correctly.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

I suppose that a fix might be to turn off the refresh delay in settings, which I have yet to try.

My understanding of Collection Manager is that it has no impact on operating system functionality. It only modifies the collection database entries. Yet, I'm curious as to why this is only an issue with nested collections. Is it that there just isn't a built in "refresh" command in the operating system to handle sub-folder navigation?

PW, 5.3.1

Last edited by BiliBug; 12-30-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Added device info
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #330
DuckieTigger
Wizard

@ BiliBug: Had the same thing happen to me today. I turned wifi on for some stupid reason (don't ask) - and all went haywire. My theory is: my PW was so busy catching up all the talking to Amazon that it could not spare the time to display my stuff in time. Once I turned airplane mode back on, all was good and speedy again.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks