Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
Simon2507
Simon2507 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Cool Holiday Blues

Hi Everyone. I am Simon and...I have an axe to grind! So, I am lucky enough to be on holiday. I've preloaded a Sony PRS-T1 eReader with some books downloaded from Foyles. I left the UK with my reader and enjoyed 20 minutes reading when a page turn "crashes" the reader. Only the reset button will restore control but, thereafter, none of my DRM controlled books can be opened. Sacre Bleu! My PC is at home so, I can't reauthorise that way. From Greece, the UK reader store is inaccessible too. I have paid for these books and own them yet, apparently, in these circumstances, Sony and DRM have managed between them to prevent me enjoying them! Does this kind of rubbish happen to all users of all types of eReader or are Sony PRS-T1 users "special"? Is this all:
1. My fault
2. Sony's fault (poor design)
3. An industry problem (money grabbing thru DRM) or;
4. Just part of Satan's campaign to ruin us all in the electronic age?

Answers welcomed on this thread please!
Simon2507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Simon and welcome to MobileRead. If you don't get an answer here soon, try posting your question in our Sony section.

Meanwhile, do you belong to any libraries in the UK? If so, you may be able to borrow eBooks from them
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
KaliferDeil
Sci-Fi Author
KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.KaliferDeil is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPad
Simon2507 welcome to DRM! I hate DRM so none of my pubs are DRM protected. After all printed matter isn't DRM protected and can be passed around freely. DRM really doesn't protect anything and is really only a source of frustration for the reader.
KaliferDeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote