Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2015, 05:41 AM   #1
anirugu
anirugu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
How to jailbreak 5.6.1.0.4 for screensaver

This forum help me to get screensaver last time for kindle 4. Thanks you for that.

Today I got my new kindle paperwhite 2 that have 5.6.1.0.4. Actually it's come with 5.4 something but I updated it. Later people tell me that it's can't be downgraded (something).

I don't want to do anything except Screensaver so I can put my own images. Do someone know how I can put screensaver on it.

I tried to run kual but it's told me "This test kindle is not authorized". something I search and come back to this forum.

Do someone know how I can get screensaver on it.
anirugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW1, PW2
To use the Sreensaver hack, your kindle needs to be jailbroken. If you did not apply the jailbreak before updating to firmware >5.6.0, then you are out of luck. Also you can not downgrade anymore. Sorry.

(if you are really handy, it appears you can apply the jailbreak to >5.6.0 by opening your kindle up physically and soldering a serial cable directly to the board for direct access but that is beyond me)
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 02-13-2015, 01:54 AM   #3
anirugu
anirugu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Thanks but my kindle is just few days old. Never will try (to open) it on new thing.
anirugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:06 AM   #4
volkaoth
Enthusiast
volkaoth began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
basicly its not that difficult to jailbreak manually.

here is my Way to a jailbroken Kindle:
serial Jailbraik FW 5.6.1 step by step

I bought my own last month .. so if you bought it with the special offer, than your screensaver contains advertising and the normal screensaverhack won't work

Last edited by volkaoth; 02-13-2015 at 04:08 AM.
volkaoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.6.1, kindle paperwhite