Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Hamlet: A Penguin Enriched eBook Classic $0.01

1439 pages!

Quote:
Book Description
Publication Date: April 23, 2009
Arguably William Shakespeare’s most influential play, Hamlet is the tragic story of how Hamlet seeks revenge for the murder of his father, the late king of Denmark, as his uncle Claudius takes the throne and Hamlet’s mother Gertrude as his wife. The distinguished Pelican Shakespeare series, which has sold more than four million copies, is now completely revised and repackaged.

Each volume features:

* Authoritative, reliable texts

* High quality introductions and notes

* An essay on the theatrical world of Shakespeare and essays on Shakespeare’s life and the selection of texts

Enriched eBook Features Editor Sean Keilen provides the following specially commissioned features for this Enriched eBook Classic:

* Chronology of Shakespeare’s Life

* Filmography

* Contemporary Reviews of Hamlet or of Shakespeare’s Work by His Peers

* Suggested Further Readings, including Works Influenced by Hamlet

* Character Sketches

* Shakespeare Places to Visit

* Hamlet’s Wisdom

* Enriched eBook Notes: Famous Phrases

* Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-century Illustrations of Hamlet
Amazon
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Did anyone else see the title and think this was Hamlet with penguins?

It would have been great. Instead of a king, it would have an Emperor!

Just me, huh?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHDX8, FireHD7, Nex7, Nex4, K4S, ClipZip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Just me, huh?
I think so; although a Dr Seuss mashup would've been great - Green Eggs and Hamlet.

My words fly up, my thoughts remain below;
I do not like green eggs and hamlet!
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
The Jungle (Penguin Enriched Classic) is also available for $0.01 at the moment.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Of course, you don't have to read the whole thing, the actual text of Hamlet itself is only a small portion of this book. The rest is materials you can use to enhance your understanding. I read Dante's Inferno and Purgatory, but without footnotes explaining I was reading, I wouldn't have been able to read them. I want to read his Paradise, but although I could read it for free, I'll wait until I get a version that has explanatory footnotes. These kind of extras are one way to add value to a public domain work, making it worthwhile for people to pay for.
QuantumIguana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
These kind of extras are one way to add value to a public domain work, making it worthwhile for people to pay for.
'Xactly! We'll watch - maybe they will put some of the other ones on sale, too. I know a lot of people have collected these in paperback and will happy to get them as ebooks. I found the footnotes particularly helpful, also.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I think so; although a Dr Seuss mashup would've been great - Green Eggs and Hamlet.

My words fly up, my thoughts remain below;
I do not like green eggs and hamlet!
Christopher Moore's Fool has a little Green Eggs and Hamlet: the story of a young prince of Denmark who goes mad, drowns his girlfriend, and in his remorse forces spoiled breakfast on all whom he meets.

"Green eggs, or not green eggs? That is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to eat them in a box, with a fox—"
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, Nook HD+
Don't get me wrong. It's nice to see added material to the public domain classics.

But... It's another way to make a few more bucks from old material and pull it back under copyright. Personally, I think I'll pass it up.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #9
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
But... It's another way to make a few more bucks from old material and pull it back under copyright. Personally, I think I'll pass it up.
Or cents in this case. It is only $0.01! That is hard to pass up.

Picked up both. Thanks!
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHDX8, FireHD7, Nex7, Nex4, K4S, ClipZip
Only one customer review (Jun 2009) and it was given 2 stars because of formatting issues. Has this been resolved for newer Kindles?
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Only one customer review (Jun 2009) and it was given 2 stars because of formatting issues. Has this been resolved for newer Kindles?
I can only tell you it looks fine on the Fire.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
copyrite
Guru
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, K3K, PW, N7.2, Fire HD 6"
I'll buy anything for a penny. LOL
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote