Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
germangirl251
germangirl251 began at the beginning.

Device: none
eBook Output

When converting ebooks through this program I want the author to be shown (last name, first name) before the series and title of the book. I got everything else right except the author is currently listed at the end. I have a lot of ebooks and I spent tons of time formatting my books like this. But I need the majority of the books converted from mobi, txt, and pdf into epub and I would like to retain the formatting I put so much time into. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to change calibre settings to do this?
germangirl251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Cybook Gen3
Are you talking about filenames or metadata? If metadata, what metadata field are you talking about?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Tex2002ans
Fanatic
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Go into Preferences. Under the "Import/Export" header go into "Saving Books to Disk." Under the "Save template" you should change the default of:

Code:
{author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors}
to

Code:
{author_sort}/{title}/{authors} - {title}
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote