Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB is on a distinguished road

Device: DR1000S; 505,300,350,600,T1; DX, 3, Fire, PW; Tolino; iPad; Aura
Drop Down Edit broken under OSX

Hi,
all of a suden the drop down fields on the main view (editing author, titel, etc.after clicking them) are case sensitive and the enter key does no longer work to select an item of the drop down list... this makes editing large lists of documents rather painfull...

regards flowoeB
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
They aren't case sensitive for me, what language have you selected for the calibre interface? The return key is an os x specific bit of weirdness which will be fixed in the next release.

There's another os x specific bit of weirdness (typing a/s/o etc.) triggers the shortcut rather than typing when using the completion popup in the main book list. This will also be fixed in the next release.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-17-2012 at 08:27 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

Hi,

thank you for the fast response and the fix. I'm using german as language. the edits were not case sensitive for me too until the last update.

regards flowoeB
Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

hi,

after the last update everything seams to work now - except it's still case sensitive on my german mac.
but working is fine again.

thank you!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you say case sensitive what do you mean exactly. Can you post a couple of examples. For example, when I type CAL in the authors box, I get calibre as a possible completion.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

Hi,

for example: If there is an author named "Kovid Goyal" and I type 'K' then I get it in the dropdown. If I type 'k' the dropdown is empty.

Or a tag called 'SciFi' will not show when I press 's' for the first character but it will when I type 'S'

for our example: neither Cal CAl CAL cAL caL will get you calibre - only 'cal' will do it
Old 07-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I dont see this. I tried it with german calibre on OS X 10.7 and typing CAL got me calibre as a completion. On OS X calibre uses the system provided ICU libraries for matching, it may be that on your version of OS X there is a bug in those libraries?
Old 07-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

Hi,

tried it on a second mac - everything works fine
I'll try to find out what's different between the two that causes the problem...

regards flowoeB
Old 07-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

hi,

found it:

.in V0.8.61
.in tweaks.py
- if the 'locale_for_sorting' parameter is set to 'ge' the drop downs get case sensitive
- if it is set to '' everything is fine

does not happen in 0.8.48

regards
flowoeB

Last edited by flowoeB; 07-21-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Since completion is now locale dependent that is not surprising. You should set that to de not ge for german.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #11
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

hi,

that did it.
Thank you!

regards
flowoeB