Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #736
coubi64
coubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Mini
Wil the 3.1.1 firmware officially be proposed for the Kobo Mini?
coubi64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #737
davidfor
Wizard
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
No. FW3.1.1 was only released for the Glo, Aura and Aura HD. A few people have installed it. The only problem I can think of being reported was that the cover images on the home screen were much bigger than usual. From the screen shot that was posted, I didn't think it was a bad idea.

Kobo have not told us what they are doing for the Mini. Reports say it has been dropped as a product. That might explain the lack of updates, but I would have expected at least one update. That might be a 2.6.3 if Kobo think there are bugs that need fixing but don't want to change anything else.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #738
coubi64
coubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of lightcoubi64 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your answer. The bug I have is that sometimes, while reading it turns back to cover (sleep mode)
coubi64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #739
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
My Mini is 2.81 sideloaded and I have had no new problems.
speakingtohe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #740
ilanarama
ilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanarama View Post
Yeah, me. It updated upon sync. I don't know what to do now since my touch (I assume it's original? It's the old 'quilted back' touch) isn't recognized by my computer any more.
And, false alarm. I bought a new cable and things are working again. I guess it was just coincidence.
ilanarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #741
blgram
blgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of lightblgram is a glorious beacon of light

Device: amazon kindle keyboard 3g
I emailed Kobo that almost everyone get newest firmware but why my device is still using 2.6.0 They asked me where did i get my Kobo (Japan) ? According to its location of purchasing it will come on Q1 of 2014 .

And , i updated to 3.1.1 downloaded the necessary file from this thread. My computer is Mac. So , for who wanna update its firmware by using their Mac OS they have to unhidden files in their computer as writing codes on terminal. Then, you are able to achieve ".kobo" file to put 3.1.1 files on it to install it.
blgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #742
Warchild
Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook Color, Kobo Aura, iPad, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by blgram View Post
I emailed Kobo that almost everyone get newest firmware but why my device is still using 2.6.0 They asked me where did i get my Kobo (Japan) ? According to its location of purchasing it will come on Q1 of 2014 .

And , i updated to 3.1.1 downloaded the necessary file from this thread. My computer is Mac. So , for who wanna update its firmware by using their Mac OS they have to unhidden files in their computer as writing codes on terminal. Then, you are able to achieve ".kobo" file to put 3.1.1 files on it to install it.
Get a free app called MUCommander or one named XFolders. They display the invisible files and folders and easily let you move things around from the Mac to the Kobo.
Warchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 AM   #743
webguy
webguy began at the beginning.

So I have a Kobo Mini and I sideloaded the 3.1.1 Firmware. First I did just the tgz file, and later all 3 files (after I figured out where to put everything - that post is buried in this thread).
As reported by others however, I don't have an "Articles" link for Pocket integration (which is what I really was after...). I checked the "affiliaties" file, it says Kobo. In the "Accounts" section of Settings there is a Pocket link, so went ahead and connected that. When Syncing now it does download the articles, their previews appear as books on the home screen. When I click an article I can read it, and then I can go "back" to the Articles section and everything works. So in a round about way it does sorta work, but it's missing the shortcut on the Homescreen. Any ideas?

In the process I figured I'd update my wife's Kobo Touch, it got pushed 3.0.1, but it got a completely new homescreen layout. Was the new layout reverted in 3.1.1 or is that only for the Touch device?
webguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #744
davidfor
Wizard
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy View Post
In the process I figured I'd update my wife's Kobo Touch, it got pushed 3.0.1, but it got a completely new homescreen layout. Was the new layout reverted in 3.1.1 or is that only for the Touch device?
No, the new home hasn't reached the Mini yet. Kobo rolled out the tiled home screen for the Aura HD early last year. A few months later, it was rolled out to the Glo. FW 3.0.0 was released for the Touch only with this new home screen. 3.1.1 is for the Glo, Aura and Aura HD. It also works for some versions of the Touch. These will see the tiled home screen. The Mini won't. And we don't know what Kobo's plans are for the Mini.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #745
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OPUS/PB360,Nexus 7,GzONE, Kobo Mini
Thanks for the kobo mini update....I sideloaded 2.8.1. Not sure about moving on the 3.1.1 yet...Pocket would be good but I hope each article does not appear as a book... I have many articles saved to Pocket..

Quote:
So I have a Kobo Mini and I sideloaded the 3.1.1 Firmware. First I did just the tgz file, and later all 3 files (after I figured out where to put everything - that post is buried in this thread).
As reported by others however, I don't have an "Articles" link for Pocket integration (which is what I really was after...). I checked the "affiliaties" file, it says Kobo. In the "Accounts" section of Settings there is a Pocket link, so went ahead and connected that. When Syncing now it does download the articles, their previews appear as books on the home screen. When I click an article I can read it, and then I can go "back" to the Articles section and everything works. So in a round about way it does sorta work, but it's missing the shortcut on the Homescreen. Any ideas?

hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:00 PM   #746
davidfor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Thanks for the kobo mini update....I sideloaded 2.8.1. Not sure about moving on the 3.1.1 yet...Pocket would be good but I hope each article does not appear as a book... I have many articles saved to Pocket..
Pocket articles are shown in their own list.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:15 AM   #747
lazy49
lazy49 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini, kindle3
Quote:
....... I don't have an "Articles" link for Pocket integration (which is what I really was after...). I checked the "affiliaties" file, it says Kobo. In the "Accounts" section of Settings there is a Pocket link, so went ahead and connected that. When Syncing now it does download the articles, their previews appear as books on the home screen. When I click an article I can read it, and then I can go "back" to the Articles section and everything works. So in a round about way it does sorta work, but it's missing the shortcut on the Homescreen. Any ideas?
Hi, this is my first post, but I have been for several months "passive user".

My way to be giving to articles:
Home screen/main menu /search (in library) and we should write with title of article any word.
We will get with this word the list of articles.

"When You click an article You can read it, and then You can go "back" to the Articles section and everything works".
lazy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #748
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Pocket articles are shown in their own list.
Hi david, unfortunately not on the Mini with sideloaded 3.1.1 - perhaps you remember this post?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #749
davidfor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Hi david, unfortunately not on the Mini with sideloaded 3.1.1 - perhaps you remember this post?
No, the problem was that I didn't remember that post.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:05 AM   #750
kram
kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Firmware 3.0.0 and 3.0.1

The links for firmware 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 show different files sizes in the listing on page 1 but the files that are linked are identicle. I think the linked file for 3.0.0 is wrong.

I downloaded and installed 3.0.0 onto my original touch and the firmware showed up as 3.0.1.
kram is offline   Reply With Quote