Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #196
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Here's the link for the (older) Touch:

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.4.0.zip

The Glo's firm is probably this one:

but I just guessed the address from the touch's link, so use at your own risk!
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #197
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post

I just sideloaded this to my Glo, it updated and restarted fine, device information reports Software Version 2.4.0 (84fbb7111a, 2/12/13)

Thanks!

Last edited by GeoffR; 02-15-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: spelling
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #198
Simba51
Simba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo & Kobo Mini
Quote:
Here's the link for the (older) Touch:

hello,
I updated my KOBO GLO and my MINI KOBO arm and 2 are spent in 2.4.0 without any problem.
Remains to test whether all the bugs of version 2.3.1 have been corrected. 2 months waiting with a catastrophic release, this is the minimum that could be expected.
thank you
Simba51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #199
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
I used the link for my KT bought Dec. 2011 in NYC and it worked perfectly.

Remember use at your own risk!

-V-
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #200
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
I used the link for my KT bought Dec. 2011 in NYC and it worked perfectly.

Remember use at your own risk!

-V-
Also Sideloaded this version on my wife's touch and it worked fine.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #201
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba51 View Post
hello,
I updated my KOBO GLO and my MINI KOBO arm and 2 are spent in 2.4.0 without any problem.
Remains to test whether all the bugs of version 2.3.1 have been corrected. 2 months waiting with a catastrophic release, this is the minimum that could be expected.
thank you
Don;t hold your breath for all the issues to be fixed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #202
Simba51
Simba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo & Kobo Mini
It is also noted that a new version of the Kobo Desktop is also released.
Version 3.2.0 dated from 2013/02/12
Simba51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #203
boh!
Nameless Being

What if I put the firmware of the "older" Touch on a new one??
I brik it?
And if I put the Glo firmware on an older one?
Always brik?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #204
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by boh! View Post
What if I put the firmware of the "older" Touch on a new one??
I brik it?
And if I put the Glo firmware on an older one?
Always brik?
Unfortunately, yes.

You can find out which firmware your Touch needs by doing a factory reset and letting it download the newest available firmware. BEFORE restarting the device, check the size of the files downloaded to the .kobo folder. Then check the sizes for the Touch and Glo firmwares for the same version from the direct links in this thread.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #205
boh!
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Unfortunately, yes.

You can find out which firmware your Touch needs by doing a factory reset and letting it download the newest available firmware. BEFORE restarting the device, check the size of the files downloaded to the .kobo folder. Then check the sizes for the Touch and Glo firmwares for the same version from the direct links in this thread.
It seems to me to go back at the ice age of the overclocking, when you activate the math cooprocessor of the 8086

I hope soon we'll discover a easiest method
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #206
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boh! View Post
It seems to me to go back at the ice age of the overclocking, when you activate the math cooprocessor of the 8086

I hope soon we'll discover a easiest method
Haha Yes, indeed, or just a warning saying "this firmware isn't meant for your device" instead of it installing it anyway and getting bricked.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #207
boh!
Nameless Being

Quote:
Haha Yes, indeed, or just a warning saying "this firmware isn't meant for your device" instead of it installing it anyway and getting bricked.
Simple, but useful. What could we ask better than that?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #208
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Unfortunately, yes.

I have a Touch and under the Device Information it says the software version is 2.3.1 r45611, 12/7/12 - this was downloaded to me through the Kobo Desktop app. In the Kobo Firmware thread this firmware code relates to the Kobo Glo . . so should I sideload the new firmware for the Glo? Thanks!
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #209
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
I have a Touch and under the Device Information it says the software version is 2.3.1 r45611, 12/7/12 - this was downloaded to me through the Kobo Desktop app. In the Kobo Firmware thread this firmware code relates to the Kobo Glo . . so should I sideload the new firmware for the Glo? Thanks!
Unfortunately this is not enough proof. The Touch firmware for 2.3.1 does not mention a version number. More importantly, if you look at firmware 2.3.2, both the Touch and Glo firmware have the same number.

I'm afraid the only way to find out is to see which version (file size) is downloaded to your Touch. OR, if you purchased your Touch long before the Glo came out, you can know you'd need the Touch firmware.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #210
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or be cautious and just wait for the official release to be pushed to your device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote