Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
Igor (Cro)
Igor (Cro) began at the beginning.

Device: none
importing books into the library

Hi there,

I am a new user of Calibre and I have a few questions:

1) Can Calibre (either by itself of maybe with help of a plugin) extract ISBN number from file contents when importing e-books into the library?

2) Is there an easy way to display all the books for which there are duplicates in the library (2 or more files for the same book)?

thank you for your answers
kind regards
Igor (Cro) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor (Cro) View Post
1) Can Calibre (either by itself of maybe with help of a plugin) extract ISBN number from file contents when importing e-books into the library?
Not when importing but easy to do with the Extract ISBN Plug-in immediately after the import

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor (Cro) View Post
2) Is there an easy way to display all the books for which there are duplicates in the library (2 or more files for the same book)?
You can deal with duplicates with as they are added via Preferences->Add-Books settings, and there's also the Find Duplicates which many prefer.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-06-2014, 06:06 AM   #3
Igor (Cro)
Igor (Cro) began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You can deal with duplicates with as they are added via Preferences->Add-Books settings, and there's also the Find Duplicates which many prefer.

BR
Thank you for your answer.

I am afraid Preferences->Add-Books settings can't help me. I wasn't very clear. What I am asking is this:

a) can Calibre detect that there are two (or more) books with the same ISBN number?
(In fact I would expect that Calibre does not allow two or more entries in the database for the same ISBN number)

b) can Calibre list all the books which have two (or more) files in the library?
(say list me all the books added after year-month-day which have 2 or more files in the database)

thank you for your answer.
Igor (Cro) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
a) No. Calibre will allow this

b) No built in capability. Best bet is to install the Find Duplicates plugin and use that.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote