Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Bug: Merging scribbles seems available in protected PDFs

I was trying to merge my scribbles in order to export the file to the PC. When I went to "merge scribbles" the option was available. After pressing the icon the software displays the usual "I am working" animated icon and after a shorter than regular time (usually it take up to 10 seconds to export) you are taken back to the document you were reading.
Other than the sorter time, nothing is abnormal so far.
The problem appears when you go back to file manager and you look for the file that contains the merged scribbles. There is no such a file and, as described above, there was no error or warning message to had told you that something went wrong.
After a couple of unsuccessful attempts I realized that I was reading a read only document! A warning message should be displayed when you try to merge scribbles with such document

PS: The bug list on the wiki page seems very short. As far as I can remember I have seen many minor bugs posted in the forum section. Does anybody filter these bug requests? Should I add this one there? I would rather wait for somebody else to confirm that this is indeed a bug

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 07-14-2012 at 08:02 AM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
PS2: removing the read only protection changes the file and you scribbles do not match their initial position anymore!! So..remove the protection before you start scribbling.

PS3: in order to be able to see my scribbles on desktop I removed the password of the original PDF file, I uploaded that to the ereader and I tried to merge the scribbles.Apparently that changed the PDF and the position of my scribbles is now changed. Probably a different RO protection removal tool would produce a different result.

I would like to hear, if anybody else tried the above, what were your results and what removal tool you used

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 07-14-2012 at 09:03 AM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast