Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
terrypin
Enthusiast
terrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmosterrypin has become one with the cosmos

Device: iPAQ 2210 PPC
Lend my books?

I have the original keyboard Kindle. My wife has just bought a Kindle Touch. She says she saw something in her hurried reading of the user guide implying she could lend books (with certain restrictions). Can I? If so, how do I do so please?

--
Terry, UK
terrypin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
Simply register your wife's Kindle to the same Amazon account that yours is registered to. That way, you'll be able to share all your books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Log in to your Amazon account and get to where you can manage your titles/purchases (Your Kindle Library). Each book will have an 'Actions' button to the left of it. If 'Loan this title' appears as one of the options. You can loan that title. All you have to do is enter the email address of the person you want to loan it to. Once they accept the loan, it will be unavailable to you for two weeks (and they have two weeks to finish it as well). At the end of that time, it will become available to you again, but you won't be able to loan it again. One loan per book.

Or do what Harry said.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
I think he's talking about Lending, as in the ability to lend a book to another person for 2-weeks, one-time-only, etc.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200549320

There is also the Kindle Lending Library for Prime members.

I think there are some UK restrictions on both, though...?

(ETA: If it is available, do what DiapDealer said. )

Last edited by Piper_; 07-13-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
The OP is in the UK; lending is only available in the US, and thus not relevant.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The OP is in the UK; lending is only available in the US, and thus not relevant.
You're right. I missed the UK part in the sig. I usually check the profile for "Location"
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote