Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Free (K, US) Dead Men Kill by L. Ron Hubbard/ pulp zombie P.I.

Free, at least today, for Kindle US (at least)
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Kill-Stor.../dp/B003ATPQCK

Dead Men Kill by L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard is best known today as the founder of Scientology, but started as a popular pulp fiction writer.
This one is a 1934 detective novel (short by modern standards) involving zombies. One of the reviews mentions that it is far from Hubbard's best pulp fiction writing, so be willing to give another book a try if you think it's got some merit. But hey, it's got zombies!
I'm going to admit that I don't remember reading any L. Ron Hubbard, so I guess I'll give it a try.

KentE

Last edited by KentE; 07-13-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: wrong word-- typing faster than I'm thinking!
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Cool Whoa !!

Be careful, you might end up in the Jack Reacher movie ........ but only if you're under 5ft tall ...........

Or is it "The Angry Hobbit" by Lee Childs ?
I get confused over which of the two Tom Cruise is in - apparently they got the casting muddled up ......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
skinmaan
Addict
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
If you like the book, keep your eyes open. In a couple of weeks Sync is going to offer this title as a free audiobook download. There's a thread where people have been keeping everyone updated. Just thought you might like to know.

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote