Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #181
inthemood
Connoisseur
inthemood began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 92
Karma: 40
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kobo Aura 6"
All quiet on the firefly forums front…
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #182
beeblebrox
Junior Member
beeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animals
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 6624
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: Kindle PW2, Onyx i62HD Firefly
Warm greetings to all forum users. This is my first post, but I have been reading this forum for some time. Finally, I got my first e-ink device. I would like to ask you for giving me a hint what I did wrong.

Basically, I failed to install update-20121102.zip on my OOnyx i62HD Firefly 4GB. I have firmware version 1.7.5 20121026 on my device. When I keep pressing the HOME button upon power up my device reboots repeatedly. When I release the button it boots normally to the current firmware version.

Last edited by beeblebrox; 12-19-2012 at 03:24 PM.
beeblebrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #183
Manolo
Groupie
Manolo doesn't litterManolo doesn't litterManolo doesn't litter
 
Manolo's Avatar
 
Posts: 174
Karma: 216
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Spain
Device: Onyx Boox i62HD & M92
You must install first 13 Nov firmware
12 Dec one is just an update to 13 Nov and can't be installed as you are doing.

Welcome
Manolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #184
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys
 
Inemi's Avatar
 
Posts: 99
Karma: 5810
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: europe
Device: Boox i62HD
hi, as I know, there is not yet any update for firefly. Wait until new dedicated thread will be created for firefly, and don't became impatient and repetitive as others users are.. please..

to booxtor: don't know if it's a new bug, but sometimes in pdf when I click previous page, I return to the 1st page. ex i am at pg 53, want to go back to 52, click on lateral button but ... return to 1 page.

I have also noticed a new feature: fbreader now can change fonts family! But still doesn't display images.

Coolreader instead, sometimes crashes in opening validated epub. I mean: i click on epub, show loading circle, after a while return to file manager.

And at last: cover image is badly created in file manager:
-with pdfreader cover became the last view page: ex. a new epub never opened, I open it and go to page 4, I quit, the cover show page 4 instead of 1. Once created, cover never change. I consider it a bug
-wit coolreader the cover became the last viewed page of the book, but is always refreshed. ex, the 2nd time I open the book and go to pg 7, cover became pg 7. That might not be a bug, but.......

cheers and goodnight!

Last edited by Inemi; 12-19-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #185
Manolo
Groupie
Manolo doesn't litterManolo doesn't litterManolo doesn't litter
 
Manolo's Avatar
 
Posts: 174
Karma: 216
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Spain
Device: Onyx Boox i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
You must install first 13 Nov firmware
12 Dec one is just an update to 13 Nov and can't be installed as you are doing.
Oh! You have a Firefly!
Don't install 13 nov firmware! !
My fault, sorry
Manolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #186
inthemood
Connoisseur
inthemood began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 92
Karma: 40
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kobo Aura 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
hi, as I know, there is not yet any update for firefly. Wait until new dedicated thread will be created for firefly, and don't became impatient and repetitive as others users are.. please..
Hello,

This might have been intended for me. So if that's the case, I'm sorry. But I was just responding to messages that announced, a few days ago already, an imminent (matter of hours) firefly update and a dedicated thread.

And, Inemi, since you seem to have tried out the different reading applications, can you use custom fonts and can you zoom with your fingers with an epub in coolreader ?

Have a nice day
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #187
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys
 
Inemi's Avatar
 
Posts: 99
Karma: 5810
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: europe
Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Hello,

This might have been intended for me. So if that's the case, I'm sorry. But I was just responding to messages that announced, a few days ago already, an imminent (matter of hours) firefly update and a dedicated thread.

And, Inemi, since you seem to have tried out the different reading applications, can you use custom fonts and can you zoom with your fingers with an epub in coolreader ?

Have a nice day
hey don't be egocentric! :P i am not scolding anyone

with coolreader, you can use costum fonts, but only ttf, not otf, But in my opinion, adobe font (default in pdfreader) is quite a good font, with ligatures and nice forms. I have tested linux libertine ttf, but it is much slower in changing page.
And 2 fingers zoom works only on pdf - but I am not certain.

cheers!
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #188
inthemood
Connoisseur
inthemood began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 92
Karma: 40
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kobo Aura 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
hey don't be egocentric! :P i am not scolding anyone

with coolreader, you can use costum fonts, but only ttf, not otf, But in my opinion, adobe font (default in pdfreader) is quite a good font, with ligatures and nice forms. I have tested linux libertine ttf, but it is much slower in changing page.
And 2 fingers zoom works only on pdf - but I am not certain.

cheers!
I tried Georgia ttf for example in cool reader, but it doesn't seem to work.

2 finger zoom works fine in fb reader
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #189
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.
 
Booxtor's Avatar
 
Posts: 889
Karma: 69252
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
Warm greetings to all forum users. This is my first post, but I have been reading this forum for some time. Finally, I got my first e-ink device. I would like to ask you for giving me a hint what I did wrong.

Basically, I failed to install update-20121102.zip on my OOnyx i62HD Firefly 4GB. I have firmware version 1.7.5 20121026 on my device. When I keep pressing the HOME button upon power up my device reboots repeatedly. When I release the button it boots normally to the current firmware version.
Please install this firmware to recover your MoonLight functionlaity . Its already patched (no need to install last patch)


For all Firefly and i62HD users I highly recommend to install this Patch!

Just unzip the archive and copy three files to your INTERNAL memory. Click on update.

It fixes lots of issues of current firmware (e.g. improves pinch zooming, turn pages with finger taps in PDF Reader, decreases the lowest glow level of MoonLigt etc.)


We are working on new update. Just be patient.

Last edited by Booxtor; 12-20-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #190
inthemood
Connoisseur
inthemood began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 92
Karma: 40
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kobo Aura 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post

We are working on new update. Just be patient.
Ok, Thanks.

Greetings
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #191
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys
 
Inemi's Avatar
 
Posts: 99
Karma: 5810
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: europe
Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
I tried Georgia ttf for example in cool reader, but it doesn't seem to work.

2 finger zoom works fine in fb reader
Yes, there are also some problems. I don't know why but not in all epub is possible to change fonts.
If you want a particular font, you can open your epub with sigil - a pc program - and add font inside the epub. Any program should then use this font.

Last edited by Inemi; 12-20-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #192
beeblebrox
Junior Member
beeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animals
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 6624
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: Kindle PW2, Onyx i62HD Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Please install this firmware to recover your MoonLight functionlaity.
MoonLight works with the firmware I got from ArtaTech (1.7.5 20121026). I am not quite sure why I should downgrade to 20120930.

I am just looking forward for a toolbar with a tad larger icons.

Also, what is currently very inconvenient for me is that the list of font typefaces is truncated to number that fit single screen. There is no next screen button, a scrollbar or anything. BTW: an option to override CSS font definition in EPUB using CoolReader, FBReader or whatever would be highly appreciated.

Is there any specific reason why FBReader version installed in Onyx readers is very outdated comparing to Android version?

On my Android tablet I use FBReader, GoldenDict and ezPDF application and I miss some features on Onyx. However, my usage scheme of e-ink reader is to read from the cover to the cover. (Actually a dozen of titles at once: some I finish, some I plan to finish in the undefined future and some practically dropped.) On the other hand I tend to use tablet to read technical stuff, academic papers etc. when jumping from one page to another, the best available dictionaries and instant Internet access are all crucial. Thus, I don't really need all features of mentioned above apps on the Onyx device.

What I really looking for on Onyx HD:
1. Icons that can be selected with a finger in the first try.
2. E-ink friendly font (ideally supporting ligatures), consistently available for all my EPUB documents. CSS overriding.
3. Correct hyphenation in Polish, incl. line breaks that don't leave "i", "z", "w", "o", and "u" words in the end of the lines.

The third point may be a niche request. However, Polish text with the "i" and "z" in the end of lines looks terrible.

I will be really patiently waiting for a firmware version that would make my Firefly even better. (Yes, Google Drive access is what I currently notoriously use.)

Last edited by beeblebrox; 12-20-2012 at 08:43 AM.
beeblebrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #193
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Booxtor juggles neatly with hedgehogs.
 
Booxtor's Avatar
 
Posts: 889
Karma: 69252
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
MoonLight works with the firmware I got from ArtaTech (1.7.5 20121026). I am not quite sure why I should downgrade to 20120930.

I am just looking forward for a toolbar with a tad larger icons.

Also, what is currently very inconvenient for me is that the list of font typefaces is truncated to number that fit single screen. There is no next screen button, a scrollbar or anything. BTW: an option to override CSS font definition in EPUB using CoolReader, FBReader or whatever would be highly appreciated.

Is there any specific reason why FBReader version installed in Onyx readers is very outdated comparing to Android version?

On my Android tablet I use FBReader, GoldenDict and ezPDF application and I miss some features on Onyx. However, my usage scheme of e-ink reader is to read from the cover to the cover. (Actually a dozen of titles at once: some I finish, some I plan to finish in the undefined future and some practically dropped.) On the other hand I tend to use tablet to read technical stuff, academic papers etc. when jumping from one page to another, the best available dictionaries and instant Internet access are all crucial. Thus, I don't really need all features of mentioned above apps on the Onyx device.

What I really looking for on Onyx HD:
1. Icons that can be selected with a finger in the first try.
2. E-ink friendly font (ideally supporting ligatures), consistently available for all my EPUB documents. CSS overriding.
3. Correct hyphenation in Polish, incl. line breaks that don't leave "i", "z", "w", "o", and "u" words in the end of the lines.

The third point may be a niche request. However, Polish text with the "i" and "z" in the end of lines looks terrible.

I will be really patiently waiting for a firmware version that would make my Firefly even better. (Yes, Google Drive access is what I currently notoriously use.)
Sorry, I did not understand your problem first. I thought you have installed wrong firmware to your device.
Now I see where the problem is. Your device is an ARTATECH device. They lock their devices for ARTATECH updates only.
This is why you won't be able to install our updates in the future.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #194
beeblebrox
Junior Member
beeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeeblebrox is kind to children and small, furry animals
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 6624
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: Kindle PW2, Onyx i62HD Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Sorry, I did not understand your problem first. I thought you have installed wrong firmware to your device.
Now I see where the problem is. Your device is an ARTATECH device. They lock their devices for ARTATECH updates only.
This is why you won't be able to install our updates in the future.
Too bad This may make me trying to hack my device. I chose Onyx vs. Kindle hoping that I got open source software on it...
beeblebrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #195
Manolo
Groupie
Manolo doesn't litterManolo doesn't litterManolo doesn't litter
 
Manolo's Avatar
 
Posts: 174
Karma: 216
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Spain
Device: Onyx Boox i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post

Is there any specific reason why FBReader version installed in Onyx readers is very outdated comparing to Android version?
It's not the same version FBREADER for Linux than Fbreader for Android
Fbreader for Linux development was paused for two years since 2010.
Manolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ONYX BOOX 1.5.1 A60/X60/X60S(onyx-international.com) samerghafik Onyx Boox 4 01-03-2011 01:32 AM
Ended Onyx Boox 60 - NEW pashlit Flea Market 2 08-18-2010 04:27 PM
Onyx Boox in UK - how much and where? m-reader Onyx Boox 2 06-25-2010 02:00 AM
Onyx Boox 60 S Thomasss News 40 03-03-2010 03:03 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.