Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Calibre Columns

What columns do you Show/have ?

I have Author, Title, Series, Published (needed for correct ordering on kindle) and Tags showing. I also enter data for Amazon (Y/N), DRM (Y/N), Price and Publisher Group.

I'm thinking of getting rid of Publisher and Publisher Group, Amazon and DRM.
I really don't use that info.

I'm also thinking of adding Read (Y/N).

What info do you track?
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
What columns do you Show/have ?

I have Author, Title, Series, Published (needed for correct ordering on kindle) and Tags showing. I also enter data for Amazon (Y/N), DRM (Y/N), Price and Publisher Group.

I'm thinking of getting rid of Publisher and Publisher Group, Amazon and DRM.
I really don't use that info.

I'm also thinking of adding Read (Y/N).

What info do you track?
Except for User Defined Columns, you can NOT get rid of them. You can Hide them, Reorder them, in both Library view and in the book details view.
BTW The ones (listed) in Green are Calibre's, so all you can do is hide these
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Here's a thread which discussed what people were using their columns for:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129127
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
In this thread people discuss column coloring - what columns they have and what color:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156710

Also, there's lots of good tips in KISS thread by unboggling.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote