Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
Nook HD 16GB $199 online at Target

http://www.target.com/p/nook-hd-snow...age.vertical_1

The sale price is only for the snow version. My local Targets have plenty of the various models in stock, whereas they're listed as out of stock on BN.com.

Save 5% more and get free shipping with a Target redcard, or use the 5% current Discover Card promotion for online purchases.

I played with one in the store, the screen is gorgeous and it felt nice to hold, very light. I'm holding off on getting one, since my favorite game, Scrabble, isn't listed as compatible with the HD, and I'm not sure if sideloaded videos work with the movie player, or if BN limits it to just BN-bought videos. Then I also haven't read if BN is doing the old partitioning trick of only allowing BN content on almost all of the built-in memory.

I'm also waiting to see what the Kobo Arc looks like, with it's Google Play access and better specs than the Vox.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote