Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
Shreela
Calibre Dunce
Shreela began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Talking Calibre taught this newb to RTM!

I fiddled with Calibre a few times the last 5 or so year, when I needed to convert a book for whatever reader I was using at the time. But I maintained my "library" manually as far as how it was stored on my HD.

But since I recently upgraded my 3g dumb-phone to an Android, I figured it would be fun to finally carry some electronic/digital books with me. But what if I finished a book while away from my home network? I should use the many freebie clouds to sync to so I can access a new book to read while away from home. I quickly saw how antiquated my manual, DIY system was while trying to sync manually, then my books showing up helter-skelter in my phone reader, and the preview images were hit and miss too.

I ended up un-syncing the damage I'd done so I could organize properly. I made things even worse by thinking I'd add all the books from my fiction, then organize them - without watching the tutorial videos first

But I finally have my fiction organized using author's last names first, used the series plugin to help put series in order, and used Calibre's cover download, whew!

I'm not quite ready to setup syncing again, since some of my files are PDF, which doesn't work that great with small phone screens. I'll have to study how to separate out the pdf's from the epub/mobi's, then learn to convert PDFs - bet that takes a lot of studying
Shreela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
lucasfernan89
Fanatic
lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards!
Lucas!
lucasfernan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
All of that is good and fine, but not appropriate for this forum.

Now: Why not introduce Yourself here in the Introduce Yourself Forum and let our members know who you are.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Shreela
Calibre Dunce
Shreela began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
All of that is good and fine, but not appropriate for this forum.

Now: Why not introduce Yourself here in the Introduce Yourself Forum and let our members know who you are.

Don
(Moderator)
Apologies for being inappropriate!

I'm a semi-retired nurse from Houston, Tx, US. My favorite genres sometimes change over time, and I'm partial to series: Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, and some Paranormals if they're more than "just romance".
Shreela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote