Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
madawei
madawei began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
How can I use calibre fetch google reader by Linux command Line?

Hi!
I install calibre on my ArchLinux VPS which have no GUI, so I have to use command line. I want to use calibre to fetch my Google Reader RSS to my VPS and send it to my Kindle Touch(WIFI) everyday morning. How can I do to accomplish it use command line? Everyone who can help is a good man! Thank you!
madawei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by madawei View Post
Hi!
I install calibre on my ArchLinux VPS which have no GUI, so I have to use command line. I want to use calibre to fetch my Google Reader RSS to my VPS and send it to my Kindle Touch(WIFI) everyday morning. How can I do to accomplish it use command line? Everyone who can help is a good man! Thank you!
Read this FAQ http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id64 and see if that helps
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
madawei

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Read this FAQ http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id64 and see if that helps
thanks, and now I know I can use this command to accomplish it :
# ebook-convert "Google Reader.recipe" googleReader.mobi --output-profile kindle

but it occure an error:
ValueError: The "Google Reader" recipe needs a username and password.

it means I must give it a username and password, but where I can add my Google account info?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
--username xxx --password yyy
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
madawei

thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
--username xxx --password yyy
thanks for your reply! another question:
how can I use command to modify some confige? what file I need to modify to change cabliere config? thanks very much!