Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 04:23 AM   #1
DaRk_ViVi
Zombified italian nerd
DaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Update to 5.3.7.1 with JB

Hi there!
I need a small information, I have a Kindle Touch updated to 5.3.7 with JB installed a couple of months ago, Kindlet Kit and KUAL (which I actually use only for the screensaver hack).

My doubt is related to the new update: how can I proceed to update my KindleT and keep the JB/hacks?

Should I remove all of these stuff, update the K5 and reinstall them (is it possible to do that?) or can I just freely update it from here and nothing will be removed?
DaRk_ViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
Not on the right box to check it out, but at best, it's a >= 5.3.x update, so it'll wipe everything hack-related, check the FAQs in the JB & MKK thread.

TL;DR: Might want to hold on for a bit, unless you're feeling adventurous.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

I updated my KT from 5.3.7 to 5.3.7.1 and after finishing it jailbroke itself automagically. The kindlet jaibreak was gone though.

PS: Great work on making the jaibreak persistent, to anyone involved in it!
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@wolftail: Great, thanks for the confirmation .
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
DaRk_ViVi
Zombified italian nerd
DaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheese

So I can just update my Kindle and then reapply the kindlet JB?

EDIT:

Just did it, everything worked great! ^^

1) Updated KindleTouch from 5.3.7 to 5.3.7.1 (.bin file, OTA wasn't showing any update)
2) It automatically did the JB after the update
3) Kindlet JB was broken, so I reinstalled MKK (it was also a new version, so took the chance to update it)
3b) KUAL was working, but I had an old version so I updated it too
4) Screensaver hack wasn't working, so I just reinstalled (actually, new version here too!) python + linkss and after the reboot everything was working great!

Last edited by DaRk_ViVi; 06-16-2014 at 04:53 PM.
DaRk_ViVi is offline   Reply With Quote