Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
gram1
gram1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
large colour ereader for bright sunlight????

hi.... any recomendations for large black and white ereader for bright sunlight ....i want to download magazines in pdf and read them.....dosnt have to have wifi i could download to my laptop and load them onto the ereader...any recomendations.....thanks

...has anyone tried HP TouchPad with Android Ice Cream Sandwich ....how is it in sunlight....thanks

Last edited by gram1; 06-10-2013 at 04:51 AM.
gram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Other than the one you mentioned, which I know nothing about, all color ereaders are tablets, which is like a computer screen, and doesn't do well in sunlight.

For pdf files, you are going to want a large screen.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #3
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Yes, the JetColor is the only color ereader just now.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #4
gram1

best large black and white ereader for pdf

ok thanks...which is best large black and white ereader then
Old 06-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
The Onyx M92 is perhaps the best of the large (9.7") screen eInk devices currently available. You can find out more about it in the Onyx forum here.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
WillAdams
Guru
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Fujitsu Stylistic ST-4121
I use a Tablet PC w/ a transflective display which is daylight viewable as my main machine, and my usage includes using it as an e-book reader. With an SSD and extended battery I get ~6--8 hrs. per battery (and carry a spare).

It kills me that no one has made an acceptable replacement yet (I need an active stylus w/ pressure input, daylight viewable display, decent colour and a number of opensource apps --- I like having certain commercial apps (ArtRage, Creaturehouse Expression, Autodesk Sketchbook, Macromedia FreeHand, Microsoft Journal, &c.) but would be willing to forego them for a new machine w/ the right specs.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
gram1

Tablet PC w/ a transflective display...Fujitsu Stylistic ST-4121

Last edited by gram1; 06-10-2013 at 06:29 PM.