Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
pootytang
pootytang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Content Server Issue

When loggin into the content server, the browser display is all text, almost like the gui is not running (or java or whatever is responsible for the display). Clicking on any of the book names results in a unknown link error. Running Win 7 and tried with multiple browsers. THere is no "get" in the text displayed. This just started after upgrading Calibre to the latest version (I believe 5.5?), but I do not know for sure the upgrade is the fault. I tried to access the server on an IPAD and two IPhones all with the exact same result. Any ideas? Always work fine previously.

BTW Calibre is such a great program!

Thanks much.

Poots
pootytang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Sardog
Sardog began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2
Re-Install

The latest that I have is 0.8.55 - I would suggest that you un-install what you have (don't delete your library). Go to the calibre site directly and download the latest version. Install calibre, open your library and start your server. Have another look with your computer's browser but make sure you aren't trying to look at the "feed". Just put in your computer IP and the port (default 8080).
Sardog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement