Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #1
SLKing
Author
SLKing began at the beginning.

Device: none
Children's Author Of Fiction

THE ENCHANTED BEACH HUT [Kindle Edition]
SUZANNE KING (Author), STEVE KEMP (Illustrator)
5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU02_.jpg 'The Enchanted Beach Hut' is my first novel for children aged 7 to 9 years (middle grade). After studying writing for several years, I decided writing for this age group is my niche.

Taking my inspiration from numerous visits to Holkham beach in Norfolk
and seeing the lovely brightly coloured beach huts, I came up with, The Enchanted Beach Hut.
The Beach Hut is an exciting novel, full of imaginative happenings with quirky and cranky characters.
The heroine Emmeline and her grumpy cat Chesterpuss live in London, where in the garden of 3 Chapel Road, is Emmeline’s magical travelling beach hut.
Emmeline and Chesterpuss embark on several adventures and see some lovely places, until Emmeline has to go away for the summer to stay with her strict Aunt Adna and her ailing cousin Alice.
Alice is kept in her bedroom most of the time as Aunt Adna has a fear that Alice will catch all sorts of illness. Emmeline arrives with her cranky cat and later as promised by her father, Emmeline’s beach hut. The beach hut is placed in Aunt Adna’s dull overgrown garden in the small village of Blankney. The garden thrives after the arrival of the beach hut, with wildlife and every flower blossoms and every little creature comes to life including the adorable mice Pip and Penelope.
Emmeline is a determined little girl and eventually helps Alice escape the 4 walls of her bedroom and takes her in the magic beach hut to the beach where the forest meets the sand and the sea. It doesn’t take long for Alice to regain her strength and the colour eventually returns in her cheeks. Along the way Alice is introduced to lobster, crab, starfish and Moonface who all live in a huge shell at the edge of the forest, living in fear of the great sand warlock who lives deep down in the sand. They all join together to rescue Moonpie from the great sand warlock, only to find she is safe and well and the sand warlock turns out to be nothing but a brown furry creature known as a bunglephant, who loves to sleep!
The presence of the beach hut makes everyone happy, including spiky Aunt Adna, who eventually mellows and allows her Daughter to live a life of a child again.
Of course the beach hut is a secret between the girls until they both grow old. After all, adults would never believe in a flying beach hut, would they?

If you've read my book and enjoyed it, then please do leave me a review, I will be one happy lady!!

Better get back to writing the 2nd book in the series.

Last edited by SLKing; 05-09-2015 at 07:50 AM.
SLKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:24 PM   #2
Froide
Guru
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK HD, Samsung GS4, Laptop, Desktop. RIP: NOOK Tablet, Palm devices.
At Amazon.com, currently $2.99
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote