Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Axl18
Axl18 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
ebook management

I have a Kindle 3 and meanwhile many books.
E.g. I have English and German book of John Grisham.

On my Kindle I can install folders, e.g. "John Grisham" ... and other folders for other writers.

Now I would like to make sub-folders (in Grisham "English" and "German")

I know that there are some collection managers, but I haven't found a hint, if sub-folders can be made and if yes with which program?

Do you know something to help me ou?

Axel
Axl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
The Kindle only supports one level of folder/collection. Sub-levels are not supported unfortunately.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
dwig
Guru
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Dell Venue 8 Pro, Kindle 3/WiFi - Retired:Clie UX50, T415, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The Kindle only supports one level of folder/collection. Sub-levels are not supported unfortunately.
True, but unlike the "folder" method, the Kindle Collection method allows books to be in multiple Collections. You could easily create the following:
  • Grissom - all
  • Grissom - English
  • Grissom - Deutsch

where an English title would be listed in both of the first two Collections and a German title would appear in the first and third.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
eskimo49
Addict
eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl18 View Post
I have a Kindle 3 and meanwhile many books.
E.g. I have English and German book of John Grisham.

On my Kindle I can install folders, e.g. "John Grisham" ... and other folders for other writers.

Now I would like to make sub-folders (in Grisham "English" and "German")

I know that there are some collection managers, but I haven't found a hint, if sub-folders can be made and if yes with which program?

Do you know something to help me ou?

Axel
I asked the same question, and got the answer 1) Kindle does not use folders it uses collections (looks like folders to me) and books can be in more than 1 collection.
2) send them to Calibre and add a prefix to the name eg EngGrisham, GerGrisham.

Don't know how this will work if the book has DRM though.
eskimo49 is offline   Reply With Quote