Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
marty1990
Enthusiast
marty1990 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Problems with my T1

So I've mentioned these problems in my other thread, but I'm really stumped as to what the problem is with my eReader.

I received my eReader yesterday, and it worked great. I didn't bother registering on the Reader store until I had updated the firmware, so I did that, and then downloaded the Reader software for my Mac. I then created an account through the Reader app (I use Mac) and then logged in on my eReader. It asked me to login into Adobe Digital Editions, to which I did and it said everything was authorised. Once I realised the Reader app was useless, I quickly switched over to Calibre and put some of my own eBooks on it. It all seemed great, but I thought I'd see what books where in the Reader store on the device. This is where the problem starts. I logged in, and had a look, then came back out. Went back to the store, and had to login, and each time it said "Device Registration Now", along with it saying "Processing". I tried four factory resets to see if that fixed it, but nothing. I then decided to try and make a new Sony account through the Reader app on my computer, but it wouldn't let me logout. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but my login details stayed there and I couldn't change account. I still can't. I'm stuck.

I've emailed Sony and had a reply saying this:

"Thank you for contacting Sony Reader Store

I understand that you facing problem regarding to your logging through Sony Reader (PRS – T1).

Regarding your account with the E-mail (-my email-) it seems is normally working, so you should do Factory Reset to you Device"...

... I was then told the steps on how to do a factory reset, which I know off by heart now.

The email also said:

"If you already downloaded (Reader for Mac) application when uninstall the application make sure to erase all the Local files."

Thinking that they knew what was best, I tried another factory reset, which didn't help at all. I even tried adding my card details to my account in case that helped, but nothing. So at the moment I can't properly use the Reader store.

And the Reader software is useless and I can't even remove it completely so I can start again.

Anyone able to shed some light on this? It seems like a great eReader, but at the moment I can't even use it as a proper eReader.

Thanks.
marty1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
dillsandwitch
Enthusiast
dillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it isdillsandwitch knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1990 View Post

And the Reader software is useless and I can't even remove it completely so I can start again.

find on your hard drive where the program installed to (usually program files) and manually delete the folder and also you might wanna check the temp folders and app data folders and make sure that's clean too.

empty recycle bin and then bingo, all gone
dillsandwitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #3
Ashjuk
Addict
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1990 View Post
...And the Reader software is useless and I can't even remove it completely so I can start again.

Thanks.
As for un-installing the Reader software try this little free program that can force an un-install if the program's one won't work. It will also clear out the stuff that is normally left behind by a standard un-install - registry entries and program folders etc.

Iobit Advanced Uninstaller
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote