Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-02-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
skillachie
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad/Hp touch Pad
BookFusion - Making Reading Ebooks Less Painful

Hi Guys,

*Was given permission by moderator to post in self promotion section. However once reviewed/validated it would be great if it could be moved to "Reading and Management" since this is what the application covers

I have been a stalker of the forums for sometime but only became a member recently. I have been having the same problems that I have seen come up time and time again in the forums and as a result I created Bookfusion to solve many of those problems.

Please visit www.bookfusion.com and start reading your ebooks today.

If you have any feedback or would like to see additional features implemented feel free to reach out.

We will be adding additional features in the future but for now the application will allow you to do the following:

http://bookfusion.com/features

Any Device

Read your ebooks with any mobile device.Your tablet, laptop or smartphone.Your ebooks will be where you are on the device you choose !

Organize

Manage your digital library. Organize your ebooks by author,genre and custom tags. Find the ebook you want easily.

Pick Up
Start reading on your tablet then flip to your laptop.Continue exactly where you left, never loosing a page !

Most Popular Formats
Read all your ebooks with the same application. a consistent reading experience for all your ebooks.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I have no wish to start an argument but is this legal?
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
skillachie
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

legal

Hi StormChild,

yes it is 100 percent legal. What is the reason for you to wonder if it's legal ?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I assume it involves uploading books to your website. That involves making a copy which violates most copyright. I would think there might also be issues with potential sharing as well. Like I say, I am not wishing to start an argument nor am I anti what you are doing, just not sure if it is legal.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
skillachie

No worries, I am glad to hear your questions. Currently BookFusion does not allow sharing. We are currently focused on improving the reading experience for DRM free ebooks that users currently own.

Ebooks are only copied and associated with the user that owns the ebook that they uploaded. No additional copying of ebooks are done.

Its no different from carrying a copy of your ebooks on your thumb drive because you would like to access them on either someones else computer or on the go
Old 06-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
Stormchild
Evangelist

Well you seem to have it sussed so I will just wish you good luck.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
skillachie

:)

Thanks.

Stormchild, when you get the chance please give it a try. I would really like to hear your feedback based on the questions you have been asking so far.

Will not require more than 5 minutes of your time
Old 06-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
Stormchild
Evangelist

I do not have a use for it thanks. All my books are on 4 devices anyway and I rarely leave home without my Bebook. I am sure someone will be along who could make use of it, someone with a phone that can read or an Ipad for example.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
skillachie

No problem. Thanks for the reply. I guess you have no issue maintaining your books across 4 different devices. But at least you know there is an option to try when you run into problems especially if you have BeBook 7" Live Tablet

Thanks for the chat. Enjoy your weekend
Old 06-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
Stormchild
Evangelist

Yes. I will bear it in mind. I never read on the Live though. I don't like LCD's for reading. Plays a mean game of Zombie Lane though.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
skillachie

LOL I totally understand. Have a good one
Old 06-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
This has nothing to do with AUTHORS or AUTHOR PROMOTIONS
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
skillachie

This is true. Would one of the moderators be willing to move it into the appropriate section or Reading & Management.

I was not sure where to post it. I wanted to post in Reading & Management but wanted to have it approved by a moderator first. Sorry about this

Last edited by skillachie; 06-02-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: added reason
Old 06-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nook HD+, and Windows Phone
It sounds interesting, but you don't really say here (or on your website) how the system works. (The website is clearly in a rudimentary form, since all links to more information lead to the same page.)

I take it one uploads the DRM-free books of interest, and the actual book files are synced to different machines? Or is it just the placemarking info, etc., that's synced? It only works, I assume, with wifi-enabled devices? Is it cross-platform? Can an iPad sync with an Android tablet? And so on.

More info would be helpful.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
skillachie

Thanks for the questions. So how does BookFusion work ?

Well it depends on the format of the ebook thats uploaded. BookFusion is a web based application that will soon include an offline mode to allow reading your ebooks without a wifi connection.

All links related to features point to the features page since thats where all the features reside. All other links will point to there respective pages.

Upload Ebook Scenario

1. You would upload your ebook to BookFusion web application. This ebook resides in a central location and is not synced across multiple machines.

2. If the ebook uploaded is a PDF, it is currently converted to a high quality image and the text overlayed ontop. Same functionality as most of the online PDf readers. When we make improvements you wont even notice the difference between our application and a native PDF reader

3. Once the book has been processed it is now ready for reading on any device that you choose to sign into BookFusion from

4. You start reading your ebooks in harmony not worrying about the problems of keeping your bookmarks, comments etc in sync across all devices.

Books that are read and uploaded to BookFusion will always be in sync. So yes the an Ipad and an Android tablet will always be in sync. You will always pick up on the last page on your previous device.

100% cross platform compatible, currently works on wifi or and internet enabled device(offline mode coming soon)

Hopefully I have answered your questions. The sign up process is relatively simple and free. You can sign up with a disposable email to just see what it is about. Will give you a much better understanding

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

It seems that a page showing how it works would be helpful to users. I will look into creating one. What additional information would you find useful ?

Last edited by skillachie; 06-02-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added more info