Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Highlighting quirk

Last night I was reading using my Fire and decided to highlight a passage approximately a paragraph long that broke across the page. I selected the top left word and moved my finger down to the bottom right of the screen and paused for a few seconds. I've gotten spoiled with my Kindle Touch as in that situation it will go to the next page to let me select the entire passage in one stroke. Not the Fire though, it is too stupid. Instead when I gave up on a page turn happening and selected highlight, the text for the entire page turned white. The only thing showing on the page was the yellow highlighting. Thinking that this was just a weird "page didn't refresh correctly thing" I paged backward and then forward to refresh the page. No change. I tried the opposite of paging forward and then backward, but still no change. To get my black text back I had to delete the highlighting. I re-highlighted the text without pausing at the bottom right and it worked correctly.

I hate to admit it but except for the reading at night ability of the Fire I like the Touch a lot better. It feels and acts more like a Kindle should and I am pleasantly surprised at the speed of the Touch. I wish Amazon would let us load our own fonts or at least give us some choices though!
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Oh yeah, I've always hated that part about the Fire's Kindle app. Highlighting on a page by page basis makes no sense.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote