Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
Hann
Hann began at the beginning.

Device: nook tablet
Trying to make a CM7 sd card for my nook tablet

Hey, guys. I am trying to make a CM7 SD Card for use on my nook tablet. I was using this website:http://myraroldan.com/wp/2012/03/cre...r-nook-tablet/ but I'm stuck. By the way, I am a mac user and am completely new to terminal (I've never rooted anything before either ) From what I'm seeing, this won't change my tablet, which is what I want. I want to be able to boot up and it be an android (with the card in) or boot up and it be the normal nook tablet (without the card in).
I was able to unmount my sd card (btw, I'm using a 16g sandisk) but I can't get the command to burn the img file to the disk to work.
Hann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
The mac process is similar to the Linux process, which I am familiar with.

To burn the image, you have to use the dd command (which in Linux requires superuser privileges, so you may need that too). On Linux you use "sudo" to elevate the command to superuser level, you'll have to figure out how to do that on mac. The command is fairly simple, you specify the input (with the in parameter) which is your img file (make sure you unzip it, if it came as a zip file), and the output, which is the drive representing your SD card (something like /dev/sdg or /dev/sdf or something similar). The drive has to be unmounted.

To determine the drive (/dev/sdX), on Linux you use the mount command; you can try to see if the same command works on mac.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Hann
Hann began at the beginning.

Device: nook tablet
I was able to unmount it and I tried the sudo command. It worked, but still wouldn't let me do what I wanted. It keeps saying the the file or directory does not exist. I have tried everything I can think of. Is there any reason why it would say this (other than, you know, if the file doesn't exist)? This is what I typed in (after I unmounted it): sudo dd if=/Users/NOOK/Desktop/Team-B-CM7SD-alpha_final.img if=/dev/disk1s1
NOOK is the name of my SD Card and Team B... is the name of the img thing. disk1s1 is what came up when I used the mount command at the beginning. Looking at this, do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Hann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I tried to access this website:http://myraroldan.com/wp/2012/03/cre...r-nook-tablet/ but my browser (Safari 5.1.7) issued a phishing warning for this site. I did not open the site so I don't know if the warning is justified or not. You might want to try http://cyanogenmodapps.com/54/instal...7-nook-tablet/
I followed the instructions and d/loaded files and took the SD card route and it worked perfectly on the first try.
Also, if you have access to a PC I would use it and win32diskimager-binary.zip (at https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download) to write to the SD card rather than the Mac or Linux Terminal.

Last edited by fredlave; 05-29-2012 at 11:42 AM.
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hann View Post
I was able to unmount it and I tried the sudo command. It worked, but still wouldn't let me do what I wanted. It keeps saying the the file or directory does not exist. I have tried everything I can think of. Is there any reason why it would say this (other than, you know, if the file doesn't exist)? This is what I typed in (after I unmounted it): sudo dd if=/Users/NOOK/Desktop/Team-B-CM7SD-alpha_final.img if=/dev/disk1s1
NOOK is the name of my SD Card and Team B... is the name of the img thing. disk1s1 is what came up when I used the mount command at the beginning. Looking at this, do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
If NOOK is the name of your SD card, then you have the wrong path, it should be your username if the file is on your desktop. Make sure you have the right path for the file, or simply cd to the folder that contains the file and then do

dd if=./Team-B-CM7SD-alpha_final.img of=/dev/<your disk drive>

Also, when you do dd, you have to specify the disk, not the partition, disk1s1 sounds like partition 1 on disk1 - if so, you have to use disk1 instead.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert