Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Ferrian
Ferrian began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle Paperwhite
Nook STR can't change font type on some epubs?

I've noticed that I can't change the font type for some of the epubs that I have. When I select another font type nothing happens. Is this normal for some epubs? Can using Calibre cause this problem?
Ferrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
JSWolf
Suspended
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Yes, it is normal. It depends on how the ePub was made. Have a look at the CSS of an affected ePub and see if there are font-family codes in the CSS. If you are unsure, just post the CSS of one of the affected ePub.

However, they have to be DRM free for you to do this.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 05-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook*, nexus 10
That's correct. I had a book myself where I couldn't change the font (or the font size, if I remember correctly), and it had also way too large margins that I couldn't modify. I had to do some manual surgery in the CSS to get rid of all that staff so the book would be readable.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote