Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
gidgiddonihah
gidgiddonihah began at the beginning.

Device: nook
NST Glowlight Screen Ghosting?

I have had my original nook for more than two years and since it worked great for two years even with how much I read I decided to go with the Glowlight. Bought it two days ago and I have been really pleased with everything other than the ghosting problem I have. When the screen doesn't do a full refresh (goes black) the screen doesn't get rid of the text completely until the next full refresh. It gets really annoying and was wondering if it was a common problem or if I should take it in. I bought it from Target as I had several gift cards I hadn't used, so I am not sure if I take it in if I should go to BN or Target...

It also, when I took it to the park with the family today, froze. The n and power buttons worked, but it wouldn't accept touch commands so pressed the power button for 5-10 seconds until it turned off and then restarted it. It would accept my touch commands until I opened the book I was reading. So I restarted it again and its worked great since. Is this a common problem, or do I have a bad nook?
gidgiddonihah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
the.Mtn.Man
Addict
the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.the.Mtn.Man is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Touch
In order to ensure clear text, e-ink screens need to be fully refreshed. To my knowledge, the Nook Touch only does it every six-pages which will lead to generally increasing softness until the screen is fully refreshed after the sixth page. Barnes & Noble has apparently seen no need to add a user adjustable refresh rate like the Kobo Touch.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast