Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #16
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad3, PRS-650, Kobo Glo,, iPad Mini and a couple of Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
The Kindle app is my primary one also. I plan to use GoodReader for note-taking on my non-fiction PDF books and articles. I think I'm covered when it comes to reading apps so I don't plan to try Stanza.

The next step is games! I like "word" games and "hidden object" games - any recommendations?
If you are into hidden object games you are probably already familiar with bigfish games. Check them out on the app store all the old favourites are there
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePW + iPad3 + SGP5 + ClipZip
Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Words with friends and Hanging with friends are great word games. I am FlorenceArt there if you want someone to play with

I don't know if it qualifies as a "hidden object" game, but Waking Mars is a great game where you must grow alien lifeforms to open doors and explore caves.
I'm loving Words with Friends but I haven't created an account yet; I'll probably do this next month when I'm on vacation and have more free time to play with others. I'll look for you then

I'd downloaded Hanging With Friends but it doesn't look like I can play without creating an account so I deleted it. I didn't check out Waking Mars 'cause it doesn't sound like something I would like. I only like forming words and looking for hidden stuff - I'm just lazy that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
If you are into hidden object games you are probably already familiar with bigfish games. Check them out on the app store all the old favourites are there
Thanks for reminding me of Big Fish Games; haven't had much time to really check them out so this is another thing down on next month's vacation list
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #18
tarzanphan60
Enthusiast
tarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Nook Color, Tablet, HD, HD+
I Just bought mine last week for work and love it. I really must do more than play Slingo. Does anyone have good suggestions on any apps that allow me to actually work in a Word or Excel document (other than just reading)?
tarzanphan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #19
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzanphan60 View Post
I Just bought mine last week for work and love it. I really must do more than play Slingo. Does anyone have good suggestions on any apps that allow me to actually work in a Word or Excel document (other than just reading)?
There is no perfect solution to do that, but DocsToGo works pretty good. There are three or four apps that do this. There is a comparison somewhere on the net, I think on one of the Mac sites, try to Google for it.

The advantage of DocsToGo is that even if the app doesn't recognize some advance formattings, it doesn't remove them when you save the file, so they are still there when you go back to Excel. I have used it a couple of times to work on Excel documents, but not with Words documents.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #20
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
Quote:
Take a look at this article!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
I use Office² HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store, it is inexpensive and even does PPT as well. I wouldn't call it an advanced editor but for simple changes it does the job well.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #22
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I bought a stylus for my IPad this weekend and I am a very happy camper. No more annoying finger prints. Life is good. I am guessing that there are cheaper ways, eraser ona pencil maybe, but for $15 I have happiness and that is good enough for me.
ProfCrash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #23
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePW + iPad3 + SGP5 + ClipZip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I bought a stylus for my IPad this weekend and I am a very happy camper. No more annoying finger prints. Life is good. I am guessing that there are cheaper ways, eraser ona pencil maybe, but for $15 I have happiness and that is good enough for me.
I'm looking forward to getting a stylus for mine also! Getting really tired of cleaning the fingerprints
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #24
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Target had some nice ones
ProfCrash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:08 AM   #25
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4S
Eraser on a pencil will certainly not work. It think there are recipes on the web to make your own capacitive stylus, but I haven't looked at them so I don't know how difficult that is. I use a Wacom Bamboo myself, a bit expensive but very good. There are a lot of different models of stylus available, including some fancy ones, for example brush styluses. There's even a pressure-sensitive one on the way, but I don't think it's available yet. http://adonit.net/product/jot-touch/
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote