Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
bobodude
Enthusiast
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
M96 second screen usb hack similar to Kindle DX

Hi all,

I hacked my Kindle DX last week to use it as a second monitor through usb connection,

and would like to know if anyone knows of a way to do the same thing on the M96, (I am trying twomon usb right now, but am having trouble getting it to work ...)

(as I am a noob, I need somewhat detailed explanations ...)

Thanks in advance
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
seltzered
Enthusiast
seltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud of

Device: none
If I were thinking about doing this with a mac, these would be the first things I'd look at:

- networking over usb / adb (android debug bridge)
- screenrecycler (mac) - http://www.screenrecycler.com/ScreenRecycler.html
- an android vnc app.

Alternatively there's some android apps made specifically for 'second screen' applications out there - don't recall any specific names at the moment though.
seltzered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:07 AM   #3
bobodude
Enthusiast
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
Hi, and thanks for the answer,

I've been trying the last few days to connect via usb/adb, installing the adb found on mobileread,

and using the twomon usb app, but with no luck ...

so I was wondering if someone knows of another app, or if the Kindle DX method using a telnet connection could work with the M96 ....

Best
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:01 AM   #4
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
I found this forum topic by casuality. This is one thing I would LOVE to do, really.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote