Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: enTourage edge, 2 rooted pocket edge, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
EE Ermine error while adding to library

I got my new EE yesterday. I have a PE, use it every day, but i wanted one with a bigger screen as well.
Came with 1.6 android, tried it, worked well, eink too, added pdf to library, no problems.
Today updated to ermine 2.2, now i can't add books to library, get error. I'd like to use it for my study.
Please help.
I'm reading upon the forum, takes time , havn't found the answer.

This is my first post that i started, so if i do it wrong, sorry.
Areka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
There is a lot of forum to read but the EE isn't much different to the PE in the way it does things.

It would help if you gave us the error message you got - just saying you got an error is like saying the car won't start.

The other thing we need to know is which version of Ermine, the original beta from Entourage or the new one for the EE with the market.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 05-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Are you trying to Add items to a Library stored on Internal Storage or an SD card? If it is an SD card are you sure it is formatted and recognized by the eDGe. Look in ES File or open the Library App and select Storage from the pull down menu and see if the SD card is listed.

There are couple ways to Add an Item to the Library that come to mind.

First: Will a ePub or PDF open in the Reader without adding it to the library? Try opening a PDF either through ES File Explorer or from within the Library App itself. If it opens on the reader what happens when you press the Book icon with the + symbol? Do you get an error.

Second: Open the Library App. Select Storage from the pull down menu. Navigate to Internal Storage or SD card. Find an ePub or PDF. Press and hold until the popup menu appears and select Add to Library.

If you have the specific error reported that will help in further diagnosing the problem.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

"Error while adding: Could not insert into database"
I have only tried up till now pdf documents.
I can open the book, so I can read it. No way I can add to library and i'm familiar with the process, i've tried every way. When didn't work adding book from a USB stick,I copied them to intstorige, then tried to add from there.
No luck.
I'm very happy you replied, i've been reading this forum for a long time, i'm a big fan of all the helpful people here! I always wonder how you have the time.
Please let me know if I should add more information.
Thanks a lot!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
Areka
Enthusiast

O, and i've the beta ermine 0.9.
I don't need the market on it.
But my PE I rooted for the trick with the phone apks, and I was considering doing that with the EE.
Of course not right now.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Areka
Enthusiast

New info. I can't add journals to library, can't even save one. When I try to save and give a name, type, OK, I get: Error checking for duplicate filenames
My library is empty. My PE came with some sample videos, images ect.
Is that normal?
I have a bad feeling about this.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #7
Queue
Queue began at the beginning.

Device: EE (big one), PE (team red)
Had the exact same problem when I updated my EE big with the new Ermine with Market. Same error adding to library, and couldn't open or save journals or event the calendar.

I downgraded (to 1.6) and tried the update again with the library in internal memory. Same problem. I tried it again (downgrade/upgrade) with the library already on the SD card. Still same problem. So I went back to the original Ermine, and it was fine.

I tried again a few days later (with the library already on the SD card), and this time everything works properly. I can add epubs and pdfs to the library, make new journals, open and write on the calendar. I have no idea why it worked this time, so try the same; downgrade and then upgrade again. Maybe a few times.
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
Areka
Enthusiast

OK.
I went back to dingo, everything worked again.
Updated to ermine again, and now i'm a truly happy girl, all good!
I have to share as well, that i'm impressed by the screen's responsiveness on the EE.
I love my PE, but now i'm in love all over again. I remember the you tube videos I watched back in 2010.
My boyfriend is much less excited :-P
Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Areka; 05-06-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #9
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, Areka! And welcome, Queue!

Areka, I am so happy you got your EE to work! I started with a PE and, like you, I had to (absolutely had to) get an EE also after I'd had the PE long enough to appreciate it.

Enjoy!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote