Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
The Interview, would you donate?

I'm assuming must everyone here has followed what happened to Seth Rogen and James Franco's Sony produced The Interview. Now that it will not be released, if it was available for download with a donate button, would you donate our watch it for free?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:36 AM   #2
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, iPad MiniRet, MBP;support AuraHD,Kindle,2xKobo Glos
I have no idea what you're talking about.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 06:36 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHDX8, FireHD6, FirePhn, Nex7, K4S, ClipZip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I'm assuming must everyone here has followed what happened to Seth Rogen and James Franco's Sony produced The Interview. Now that it will not be released, if it was available for download with a donate button, would you donate our watch it for free?
Haven't heard anything about it till now. I probably would donate something to see it. I love most anything that pokes fun at political leaders.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Google can be your friend - if you'll let it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30528772
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
If it was available for download with a donate button, would you donate our watch it for free?
As I assume this is a typo, is it
donate to watch for free
donate or watch for free
or something else?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Moved to the Lounge. This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with MR's areas of interest.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #7
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
I rarely see movies in the theater, and this isn't the kind of movie I'd normally go to see anyway, but after the hack attack I decided I would. I'm very disappointed that Sony and the theater chains caved in to intimidation.

I suspect that it will eventually be released on DVD/Blu Ray, and I'll be looking for it then.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM   #8
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Moved to the Lounge. This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with MR's areas of interest.
I thought it did, because this could happen to a book as easily as it now did to a movie.
Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM   #9
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
As I assume this is a typo, is it
donate to watch for free
donate or watch for free
or something else?
Donate or watch, autocorrect error when posting from a phone.
Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM   #10
pdurrant
Santa Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Quote:
I thought it did, because this could happen to a book as easily as it now did to a movie.
Cough. The Satanic Verses.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Quote:
It could, but when it does is the time to post in "General Discussions". MR doesn't do movies .
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM   #12
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, iPad MiniRet, MBP;support AuraHD,Kindle,2xKobo Glos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Google can be your friend - if you'll let it.
Oh Doctor dear, I'm not a complete newb. I was responding to this: "I'm assuming must everyone here has followed what happened to Seth Rogen and James Franco's Sony produced The Interview.".
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM   #13
Hamlet53
Under Fire
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Cough. The Satanic Verses.
Indeed. Salman Rushdie must still feel some unease that some true believer will carry out the fatwa against him.

That did actually result in some real violent actions, bombing of some bookstores in the US and the UK, one murder, and two attempted murders. It also greatly increased interest in the book and sales.

In the case of The Interview I would have not had any interest in it except for this. I'm not sure how it will ever be available if Sony does not release it in any way. Would I donate to be able to watch it? I don't know, who am I making a donation to? To Sony to recover money lost because they caved in to the blackmail? I just hope that the hackers are identified and prosecuted to the extent possible and any ties to “Little Kim” are exposed. It's sad that a major corporation allowed this to be the result.

Last edited by Hamlet53; Yesterday at 09:01 AM.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM   #14
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I heard Seth Rogen promoting the movie on Real Time about a month ago. They were talking about how unusual it was to do a comedy about assassinating Kim Jong-un and using his real name, normally they do an obvious parody. He knew the risk they were taking but I hate to see Sony back down after the hacks and threats. Normally I would download and donate in protest but in this case... honestly the movie looked really bad.

Now if North Korea did a comedy about assassinating Stephen Harper, I'd watch it in a heart beat.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #15
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Jimmy Kimmel to Sony: 'Have some backbone

Click
There was the movie Mohammad, Messenger of God in 1977 that caused some trouble as I recall hearing. In at least one theater the show was stopped mid film because of threats made. Of course they thought he (Mohammad) was being shown in the film and he wasn't. They used music to indicate his presence and had others repeat his words (according to Wikipedia) and if he had to be present the camera filled his place so as to show things from his point of view. I still think bowing to the wishes of terrorists sets a bad precedent though. "Give a mouse a cookie and he'll want a glass of milk" (Airforce One).

Last edited by crich70; Yesterday at 06:25 PM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote