Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
PEN O. Henry Award Stories 2012

For those that enjoy short stories, the latest O.Henry awards is particularly tasty. I'm about 3/4 through it but two stories are absolutely outstanding to me

A Birth in the Woods by Kevin Wilson
and
Forgivness by Yiyun Li

Forgivness is just simply magical!

Several others are very good. Only one real stinker so far IMO.

5/5 stars in my book

http://www.amazon.com/The-Henry-Priz.../dp/0307947882

These Annual Anthologies are mostly available as e-books now which I've been waiting for, for many years.

Last edited by kennyc; 05-07-2012 at 07:33 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
I'll have to check out these anthologies. I've always loved O. Henry's short stories.

For some reason, "The Ransom of Red Chief" was my mother's favorite story.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert