Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
I Bleed Cubby Blue
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Fire HDX , IPad Air and Samsung Tab 2
Help-Keep title in Calibre but remove numbering?

I keep the entries for books I have read in Calibre, just removing the book file itself. That way, when I am completing a series, I can see whether I have already read a book in the series.

I have already marked the books I have already read, and they are easy to distinguish. But I would like my library to read 90 books, rather than 100, showing 10 already read. I know I can run a search to find the number of books without the 0read0 tag, but is there some way I can get Calibre to only show the unread books in the library?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I keep the entries for books I have read in Calibre, just removing the book file itself. That way, when I am completing a series, I can see whether I have already read a book in the series.

I have already marked the books I have already read, and they are easy to distinguish. But I would like my library to read 90 books, rather than 100, showing 10 already read. I know I can run a search to find the number of books without the 0read0 tag, but is there some way I can get Calibre to only show the unread books in the library?
Saved Search(Not tag:0Read0)...Then Use as a Filter
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can also set such a saved search as a 'restriction' so that it stays in place unless you remove the restriction. Sounds as if this is a case where that might the appropriate way to go.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
I Bleed Cubby Blue
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Fire HDX , IPad Air and Samsung Tab 2
Thanks, but here is my issue. I can't remember books I have read. So before I buy a book, I always check. But if I have restricted to unread books, those won't show up. On the other hand, seeing the total, including books I have already read, is a bit discouraging. I want my cake and be able to eat it, too. See the entry, but not have it show in the total. Probably impossible, but thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks, but here is my issue. I can't remember books I have read. So before I buy a book, I always check. But if I have restricted to unread books, those won't show up. On the other hand, seeing the total, including books I have already read, is a bit discouraging. I want my cake and be able to eat it, too. See the entry, but not have it show in the total. Probably impossible, but thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Debra
All you do is un-restrict by selecting the blank line at the top of the restriction list...Takes about 2 seconds.

When restricted the number of books (out of All minus any search selection) show in a yellow blob (where it normally says (all books)

So youu can restrict And search within the restrict.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote