Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #31
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
I wonder if you could gpl your work or something, maybe a line in your signature.
I dislike GPL because many of my clients have policies that forbid even DOWNLOADING gpl at their sites. I cannot afford to mix GPL-infected code with my commercial code. GPL is a bit or politically motivated in an anti-business way for my tastes. I prefer the golden rule (treat others as you want to be treated). But my peers have also been content producers, and in a world of consumers it seems that the golden rule fails, and consumers like stealing from producers such as myself. ???
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #32
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is already "or somthing" - -
GM adopted the MIT License for his work recently.
Although it is possible you are looking at something from prior to when he started including the license statement.
I think aditya3098 was suggesting adding a license to my posts as well (in the signature).
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #33
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I think aditya3098 was suggesting adding a license to my posts as well (in the signature).
Yes I was
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Yes I was
Ah, so, I follow now - for the content of his posts.
I would suggest:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
As in:
http://creativecommons.org/choose/re...on=3.0&lang=en

Some web sites have that (or similar) as part of the entire page template, as in:
http://mirrors.minimodding.com/#credits
But I haven't found anything like that in a MobileRead footer. Of course, I may have just missed it.

Last edited by knc1; 05-16-2012 at 01:09 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #35
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ah, so, I follow now - for the content of his posts.
I would suggest:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
As in:
http://creativecommons.org/choose/re...on=3.0&lang=en

Some web sites have that (or similar) as part of the entire page template, as in:
http://mirrors.minimodding.com/#credits
But I haven't found anything like that in a MobileRead footer. Of course, I may have just missed it.
I had to translate the HTML at the second link to mobileread tags. It looks good in my preview in user settings.
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #36
geekmaster

I see that the tag does not affect old posts. I would need to put it in my avatar image or tag line to affect old messages.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
geekmaster

That icon was a bit too big. I changed to the smaller one.

EDIT: The icon image changed in existing posts that contained the large one, but posts with no signature still lack it.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I see that the tag does not affect old posts. I would need to put it in my avatar image or tag line to affect old messages.
I notice the same - it only affects post that already had a signature - it will not add a signature to a post that didn't have one to begin with.

Try a PM to one of the web-master(s) crew here, they might be willing to run a MySQL query to fix up your other thousands of posts for you.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #39
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
That icon was a bit too big. I changed to the smaller one.

EDIT: The icon image changed in existing posts that contained the large one, but posts with no signature still lack it.
That smaller one looks good in my browser. It might even translate into Russian.

Edit:
It does:
http://creativecommons.org/choose/re...on=3.0&lang=ru

Last edited by knc1; 05-16-2012 at 01:27 PM.