Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-16-2015, 05:19 AM   #1
Martin^
Martin^ began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle Image Size For Recipe Ebook

Hi guys, right now I'm going to publish a recipe ebook on Kindle, but I'm not sure if there are any guidelines for images size. Maybe someone could tell that image size should I use?
Martin^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:49 AM   #2
Notjohn
Fanatic
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Assuming you mean inside images (not the cover), KDP still recommends 600 pixels wide by 800 pixels (or whatever suits) tall. That unfortunately will look rather small on the larger, high-rez tablets. I have therefore begun to replace the old images with ones that are 800 pixels in width. I also use a width="100%" instruction in my html. Hitch, who knows more about this stuff than I do, is strong against the 100% solution, but it works for me.

You can see (borrow / adapt) my style sheet from my blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Notjohn; 02-19-2015 at 05:51 AM. Reason: added url
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote