Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Magvidal
Magvidal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Add alternates to tab delimited dictionary

Hi,
How can i add alternates to a tab delimited dictionary?, i mean: for the entry 'add' being able to look up by selecting "added" or "adding".
Thanks in advance.
Magvidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
eschwartz
Suspended
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Those are inflections, and you cannot do it with tab-delimited dictionaries. You need to edit the opf+html form.

Here is one thread that discusses it.
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59724
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:25 PM   #3
Magvidal
Magvidal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Thanks for your reply,
can you tell me where can i find a pattern to guide me to look up by selecting inflections?
Magvidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
eschwartz
Suspended
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I've never messed around with dictionaries, so I don't know much about them.

Perhaps you can take a look at what tab2opf spits out, you will need to then extend each entry with inflections as described in the above link.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tab delimited dictionary