Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-18-2015, 05:25 AM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Content.opf media-type

Work is progressing well,

I currently have the mimetype file, and the META-INF/container.xml file created, and am working on the Content.opf file.

It's relatively new to me, but I'm getting the hang of things.

Like people on the forum, who don't like too much clutter, I'm mainly removing most unnecessary data.
I used Sigil, to create a UUID number, but am thinking of possibly erasing that as well out of the book...

I'm currently working in <manifest>, and would like to know more about "media-type", but could not easily find documentation or info concerning it.

So far I've learned that there can be media-type=""application/x-dtbncx+xml", and media-type="text/css".

I'd like to know possible variables, and what it does to the reader, if the variable behind the equal sign is changed?

I also wonder if .htm files can replace .html files?

Last edited by ProDigit; 12-18-2015 at 06:13 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:21 AM   #2
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I'm currently working in <manifest>, and would like to know more about "media-type", but could not easily find documentation or info concerning it.
The media types are mime types. In ePub2 books you can use these Core Media Types. (You can also use application/vnd.ms-opentype for OpenType fonts.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:41 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Don't cut too much out of the OPF. It will not gain you much and a mistake is easily made. A corrupt OPF will cause issues.

The extension of the files does not matter. It can be .htm, .html, .xml, .xhtml or whatever. As long as the content is XHTML and the media-type is specified correctly in the OPF.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote