Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
jafmaw
jafmaw began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx T68 Lynx
T68 Lynx and Moon+ Reader Pro

For Moon+ Reader (I am using Pro, which I am beginning to regret purchasing due to preferences frustrations on the T68), can someone please oh please provide either:

1. A listing of all options and sub-options that are normally not visible due to white-on-white?
or
2. A means to change the font/background colors of the options listings?

I think other users have been using Moon+ Reader on a regular android tablet to verify menu options, but the T68 is the only android device I own.
jafmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox M96, Acer Iconia A500
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafmaw View Post
For Moon+ Reader (I am using Pro, which I am beginning to regret purchasing due to preferences frustrations on the T68), can someone please oh please provide either:

1. A listing of all options and sub-options that are normally not visible due to white-on-white?
or
2. A means to change the font/background colors of the options listings?

I think other users have been using Moon+ Reader on a regular android tablet to verify menu options, but the T68 is the only android device I own.
I'm in the same boat as you, the only difference being, I'm frustrated of using it on my M96.

I just don't get it. Too complex settings menus. Not as optimized/fluid as M96's own native version of the Cool Reader. Of no use really, at least on e-ink devices.

I still have to try it on my trusty Acer A500. Might just redeem itself.

Last edited by japinder; 09-04-2014 at 12:52 PM.
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 09-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
downeaster59
Zealot
downeaster59 can extract oil from cheesedowneaster59 can extract oil from cheesedowneaster59 can extract oil from cheesedowneaster59 can extract oil from cheesedowneaster59 can extract oil from cheesedowneaster59 can extract oil from cheesedowneaster59 can extract oil from cheesedowneaster59 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kindle PaperWhite, Kobo Aura HD
I use Moon+ Reader Pro, at least some of the time. I also wish for E-Ink-friendly menus. When I use it, I have it set on the Outdoor theme. That seems to work well on the T68. However, the native Onyx Reader is growing on me. I find myself using it more and more. I've tried the other reading apps that are pre-installed, but I lean more to the Onyx Reader now. In the Onyx Reader, a few settings (like margins) can be hard to find and use, but it works pretty well overall.
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
The only menu which I find difficult to use is the key mapping menu. All the others have only a few options, and although you can't see the menu, you can see the option once you've selected it. There's no real reason to ever use the menus once you have it configured to your satisfaction, so it doesn't bother me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox M96, Acer Iconia A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I use Moon+ Reader Pro, at least some of the time. I also wish for E-Ink-friendly menus. When I use it, I have it set on the Outdoor theme. That seems to work well on the T68. However, the native Onyx Reader is growing on me. I find myself using it more and more. I've tried the other reading apps that are pre-installed, but I lean more to the Onyx Reader now. In the Onyx Reader, a few settings (like margins) can be hard to find and use, but it works pretty well overall.
Thanks downeaster,

The outdoor theme is a heaven-send, the Moon+ reader seems a lot more pleasing to the eye now.

The first option in the settings is to set page margins. I agree i should be available alongside the settings option & one should not have to delve into settings to change it. Or were you referring to something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The only menu which I find difficult to use is the key mapping menu. All the others have only a few options, and although you can't see the menu, you can see the option once you've selected it. There's no real reason to ever use the menus once you have it configured to your satisfaction, so it doesn't bother me.
Hi Harry,

Using the Outdoor theme as suggested by downeaster above seems to have resolved the issue of hard to see menu.

Can you share with us your favorite settings for the Moon+ reader on the M96. Thanks.
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, the menus are still "white on white" even with the "Outdoor" theme (which I do use). But the menus are only in the configuration screens and, at least for me, it's a case of "set it up and then forget it".

I have a T68, not an M96.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #7
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: want a 13.3 inch Tab/ebook reader
what do you use the moon reader for?
how do you manage to tolerate the innnumerable screen flashes?
these distract me so much that i have resigned myself to using the default reader.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:24 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Moon+ is the app I do all my reading on on the T68.

What screen flashes? I don't see any flashes.