Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
Janric
Janric began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Question 360 won't reset

This is my first post on mobileread even though I've had my PB360 for a couple of years and pretty much learned how to use it through checking posts on here. But now I have a problem that I can't find a solution too. I had noticed over the last few days that my 360 would freeze and need to be reset, or would spontaneously reset itself very frequently. I decided I should see if there was an update for the firmware. Unfortunately, before I could do that the device froze again and this time when I attempted to reset I had to poke the button several times before I got any response and when it did reset it reverted to an almost blank page which states at the top: No EBRMAIN found. please update software
However when I connect it to my laptop (running Windows 7 Home Premium, and the same one I have always connected to) neither the 360 internal memory nor the microsd card show up. I don't have a card reader for the microsd so how on earth can I update the firmware?
Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm having reading withdrawals already!
Janric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janric View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm having reading withdrawals already!
Unplug battery.
Wait a little bit.
Plug battery back.
Connect charger.
Press the power button.

Let us know how it went.
kacir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
Janric
Janric began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
OK, tried that and I still get the same message.
Janric is offline   Reply With Quote