Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Mini,Sony T1, Galaxy Tab 10.1,Samsung S2 phone,iPod Touch
Is this true?

Someone posted this in another forum:

From my reading Kobo Mobile Read Forum some books from Kobo store are not available in Adobe DRM EPUB Format because of publisher restrictions. Just as some publisher's books can't be discounted. Kobo makes every book they can available in Adobe DRM EPUB Format.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I think that the free books can't be downloaded as epubs.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: KOBO Vox, Google Nexus 7, Kobo AURA, Kobo Mini
Hi nogle,

I just downloaded a random free adobe DRM epub.

Cdesja5,

I believe I have seen the odd book that did not have Adobe DRM epub under options but I have no idea what title or publisher.

Larry Mohr
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Someone posted this in another forum:

From my reading Kobo Mobile Read Forum some books from Kobo store are not available in Adobe DRM EPUB Format because of publisher restrictions. Just as some publisher's books can't be discounted. Kobo makes every book they can available in Adobe DRM EPUB Format.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Probably since stripping the DRM from the adobe drm epub is trivial while nobody (as far as I know) has figured out the Kobo DRM KEPUB. I'm surprised there isn't more publishers making that restriction.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Probably since stripping the DRM from the adobe drm epub is trivial while nobody (as far as I know) has figured out the Kobo DRM KEPUB. I'm surprised there isn't more publishers making that restriction.
I don't think Kobo will do this soon if ever, having no option to download a regular ePub version would mean that people who own other readers (e.g Nook, Sony and any other ePub capable device) could no longer read books that they purchase from the Kobo store.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I don't think Kobo will do this soon if ever, having no option to download a regular ePub version would mean that people who own other readers (e.g Nook, Sony and any other ePub capable device) could no longer read books that they purchase from the Kobo store.
Generally it isn't Kobo's choice it is the publisher's.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote