Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
The problem is that many of the real classics like Dickens were among the first PG books. They predated scanners and were typed in by hand. The modern PG books produced by DP are of a very high standard.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #17
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post

And I wonder if you have thought for at least one minute how much work it takes to transfer an old paper book into its digital version, scanning, proof reading, ebook making... I have the greatest respect for all the work the volunteers on PG or here or on similar places do.
Yes, Billi, I have thought (for a good deal more than a minute) how much work is involved, as I have done quite a bit of PG proofreading myself. But I'd regard it as a privilege to proofread Dickens (or Trollope), and I would take a lot of care with the text.
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas